DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

• 1.  How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 26, 2014 08:12 AM

Good day, I am a representative of ISP. I and my colleagues are using cloudmonitor tools often. It is a great tool! We like your tool so much and want to make it better. I've got an idea, may be we can deploy one node at our network. But I unable to find contact to discuss it. Can you help with contact information ?

Or may be it is not possible and there is nothing to discuss.

Also, I am new one here, is it a right place for such question ?

• 2.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 26, 2014 08:37 AM

I think this may be posted to the wrong community. This community is for CA Cloud Service Management, CA's IT Service Management SaaS solution.

Which CA product are you referring to? I can help post it to the correct community.

• 3.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 26, 2014 09:24 AM

May be you are right. I'm talking about http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en tools. If you know the correct community, can you post question to it, please ? Or help me to figure out what community I need. I saw *cloud* keyword among community titles and I thought: "it is what I need". Thank you.

• 4.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 26, 2014 09:40 AM

No problem, I definitely understand how that could happen.

I am looking for the right community for you.

I believe the community is available off of the product support page. If you are currently using the solution if you go to the support page, do you see a link to "Forums"?

Chris_Hackett Do you know where the CA APM Cloud Monitor community is located? It could be under a different name.

• 5.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 26, 2014 07:02 PM

I think you're looking for the CA APM community

• 6.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Thank you very much. I reposted question to CA APM community.

• 7.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2014 11:20 AM

Use the Ideas option in the navigation bar to submit an idea to Product Management.

Ideas are harvested based upon votes by all community members to gauge how much they are interested in the feature.

• 8.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 30, 2014 10:39 PM

Ok, thank you. I will try to submit an idea to Product Management. May be it is a best way to what I want.

But I don't think that it will collect enough votes. Anyway, thank you for answer.

• 9.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 30, 2014 08:37 AM

Its called OnPremise

on the cloud monitor dashboard, click Subscriptions then Manage On Premise

At the moment it works quite well unless you behind a couple of firewalls trying to use a proxy. Still working on Ironing out those issues.

D

• 10.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jun 30, 2014 10:38 PM

As I understand, you mean client side browser scripts, which can ping and traceroute. Unfortunately, I don't have account at cloudmonitor and can't check it.

I'm talking about monitoring station deployment at my network. Is it possible at all ?

• 11.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jul 03, 2014 04:15 AM

Update on issues behind firewall trying to use a Proxy for Optunnel

Our development system is behind a Squid3 proxy server. The installation, http and https calls all work and the monitoring stations register on the cloud monitor dashboard.

When the call change to wss is when they stop being forwarded by the proxy

Will update when I have more

D

• 12.  Re: How to deploy cloudmonitor node at own network ?

Posted Jul 07, 2014 05:42 AM

There are 2 changes that seem to be needed to get the tunnel working

1) Comment out #proxy_dns in /etc/proxychains.conf

2) In /etc/hosts change 127.0.0.1 to IP address, don't know what we going to do if we need to use DHCP

Dave