DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Posted Jun 20, 2014 05:02 PM

I was creating a Cloud Monitor Jmeter script to be able to upload a file using FTP, and another to download a file using FTP, to create a synthetic check for our FTP Site.

I'm getting this error.

• The monitor seems to return an error. We suggest you close this dialog and configure the monitor correctly. Alternatively, you can test again or ignore the error and continue anyway.

Description:7018: Only HTTP samplers supported

Does anyone have any type of alternative?  It looks like Cloud Monitor will not allow this.

I could create a regular FTP monitor, but it looks like all it does is check the connection to the site.  I wouldn't be able to see how fast or slow it is to download and upload files using FTP.

• 2.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Posted Jun 25, 2014 01:47 AM

Hello James.Sweeney,

Could you edit your original post and flag this to a particular Place/Category, and add some Tags?

It will get more relevant views that way.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Posted Jun 25, 2014 06:21 AM

Sure Kyle, I added a few.

• 4.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Posted Jun 25, 2014 07:19 PM

Hi James,

Sorry - the Tags was a distraction. What is really needed is to put this to a Place/Category so that it can be viewed.

See second post in this thread for example: Communities: Welcome to the new CA Communities

I'd move it for you, but I don't have rights to do so in this general location.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:14 PM

James,

You should change the Place and Category of your original question to place this into the proper community.

Let me know if you need assistance with that.

• 6.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:20 PM

James,

it should look something like this:

update_discussions.png

• 7.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Posted Jun 26, 2014 06:32 AM

Moved to CA APM > CA Cloud Monitor.

Thanks guys.

• 8.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:48 AM

Unfortunately the jmeter scripts are http only right now - I think its a great idea though to have some kind of file upload/download test - you should post it on the ideas section. The engineering team is adding new functionality all the time - for example on the FTP monitors they added FTP connection mode options a few months ago.

• 9.  Re: Cloud Monitor Only HTTP Samplers Supported

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:56 AM

Thanks,  When I have some time I'll add that.  For now I created a custom epagent to do this, but it would be great to be able to see the speed of upload/download from multiple locations using the cloud monitor functionality.