DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

• 1.  Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 08:36 AM

Please help..

• 2.  Re: Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2015 09:58 AM

Hi

Not sure if I understand the question - could you elaborate on what you mean by changing the directory name

• 3.  Re: Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:22 AM

Hi,

Actually we created a folder of FuseESB/fuseEsbdev8 folder under a superdomain through custom pbd. We also created alerts and dashboards to show the blame point tracer metrices under that. Now its working fine as required in pre-prod environment but client wants fuseEsddev8 name to be changed to some common name in prod env. When changed through custom pbd all metrices created goes invisible.

Please help.

• 4.  Re: Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:49 AM
    A couple of options.

1. Copy the module to the production environment while the MOM is down, create a new subfolder in <EMHOME>/config/modules/FuseESBV8Prod, edit the domains.xml, and add your new domain. Restart your MOM, open MM Editor and update anything you want to say "Prod" (including the module name).

2. While in your pre-production environment, from the MM Editor, copy the current module and give it a new production name. Make any edits you want for production use and save. Go onto your MOM and take a copy of the JAR file and follow the same deployment directions as option #1.

You can also hotdeploy MM by copying the MM JAR file to <EMHOME>/deploy. By default, the EM is configured to look for new modules in this directory every 60 seconds. When the EM notices a new module to deploy, you could see some slowness in your workstation response as it moves the JAR to the ./config/modules directory.
    As a reminder, any domain changes will require a restart of all EMS in a cluster and you will need to copy the domains.xml from MOM to Collectors.

• 5.  Re: Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi, Actually client wants the name to be changed in pre-prod env itself and also without restarting CA Wily as that is done by another team. Is there no way to change the same through custom pbd as the name is defined by ourselves in custom pbd.

As client is very reluctant of doing all those stuff of copying and restarting MOM.

Also the path is created as the name given in custom pbd by us. Then why is it not giving the metrices when we change the path for all the classes defined. Why cant we change the path defined by us from where its actually defined to some new name?

• 6.  Re: Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2015 01:03 PM
    We are not talking about the same things now. First you talked about moving management modules. Now you are talking about agents. Please clarify what you need help with so we can help you.

• 7.  Re: Hi, I want to change the directory name in CA wily introscope. I tried doing the same by custom pbd but the metrices are not visible if we do so. Please let me know how can we change the name.

Posted Mar 09, 2015 10:38 AM

Hi Can I have your email id please.