DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Oracle Java Licenses - post April 2019

Posted Jun 05, 2019 01:16 PM
    ​Last year there was a post about the state of the included Java within the installers:

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=6cf9d0d6-8e83-494a-a8a1-faab7e026de9

I had a comment on the post asking if the CA Java distribute license includes the various agents.  (epagent, webserver, IBM MQ, IBM IIB).

In most instances of the agents on servers, we have the IBM JRE and not the Oracle Java.

Upon looking around my system, found that the CA APM workstation requires a JRE installation and wanted to see if we install Java for the workstation, would that be covered by the CA Java Distribute License since the workstation installer does not install Java?

I have an open case with a similar question about the Java version installed on the CA APM Enterprise Managers (case 1361406) in which I asked about a hot-fix to upgrade the Java to 1.8.0.112 to at least 1.8.0.211 in CA APM 10.7.0.197 (sp3) and I got a vague response of  you can install your own Java and in the configuration file direct the enterprise manager to use a different JRE.

That led to the question about which vendor and version, and then on researching the Oracle revised Java license it opened a whole box of fun.  Haven't gotten a response on the Java vendor and version support for CA APM 10.7.0.197, but hopeful that we will get an answer soon.

Thank you,

Billy

• 2.  RE: Oracle Java Licenses - post April 2019

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2019 02:05 PM
    An updated response and clarification is coming shortly regarding this.

------------------------------
    Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------