DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Not so successful transistion - unable to access CA support portal cases

Posted Jun 03, 2019 09:39 AM
    This morning June 3, 2019, attempted to review cases and prepare to open a new case and I get a blank page with the tab title "Wolken"

So I tried to call the CA support 800 number, and lost the call, second time the quality of the call so bad the VRU was skipping, call again and got the on hold music for a few cycles than the call dropped.

Attempted to find another way to contact someone on these problems but every time I got sent to the CA Support portal, and any links, take me to the broken "Wolken" site.

So, thought, when in doubt, post on the community site.

wow, the community site...just wow (not in a good way)

On this post, had to figure out that you have to turn off the "Automatically insert content preview for links", the automatic method is just down right annoying.

Guessing the transition did not go smoothly and there are lots of, interested people trying to get things done.  Hopefully when things are sorted out Broadcom will send out an all clear.

• 2.  RE: Not so successful transistion - unable to access CA support portal cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 04:18 PM
    Dear Billy:
        Thanks for the feedback. Other customers had problems accessing the support portal, their cases, ftp etc. Thanks for your patience. Things should soon improve. 
    Hal German

• 3.  RE: Not so successful transistion - unable to access CA support portal cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 04:36 PM
    Dear Billy:
        Thanks for the feedback. Other customers had problems accessing the support portal, their cases, ftp etc. Thanks for your patience. Things should soon improve. 
    Hal German

• 4.  RE: Not so successful transistion - unable to access CA support portal cases

Posted Jun 05, 2019 10:22 AM
    ​Thank you Hal,

Found that our network was blocking something, from the Broadcom.com domain which we fought with to get unblocked on the support.ca.com site, or something else changed since I am able to get to the support cases.

Another annoying side effect of the support case move, is all the "Pending Customer Verification" cases translated to "Resolved" and do not show up on the main "Unresovled" page unless you remember that there are more cases, and you go hunting and then see there are a couple of radio buttons at top.  Clicking on "Resolved" and then looking for the ones "Pending Customer Verification" to then request that the cases be moved back to "Unresolved".

Hope this helps,

Billy

• 5.  RE: Not so successful transistion - unable to access CA support portal cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 01:16 PM
    Hi All.-

Below link could help to know some changes and need to be reviewed on the firewall's configuration to access the new systems

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/admin-content/changes-requiring-customer-action.html

Regards
    Crispe

• 6.  RE: Not so successful transistion - unable to access CA support portal cases

Posted Jun 05, 2019 01:16 PM
    ​So on the support site, if a case is moved into the "Pending Broadcom review", it is listed under the "Resolved" cases and not under the "Unresolved" radio button.

It seems like the new "Broadcom" case platform does not have as many case states or as complex case life cycle as the previous CA platform.

I would like to see any case state that isn't "closed" be listed under "Unresolved" instead of hunting around the closed listing for the not so closed cases.