Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  ActiveX errors

Posted Jul 20, 2021 03:20 PM
      |   view attached

Good Morning All!
    We are having a few scenarios where ActiveX is not working (see error attached) on some PCs but it's working fine on others.  We are using ActiveX V5, support says we should be using V6.  We would rather stay on V5 so we won't have to rebuild everything.

Scenario 1:
    User got a new laptop, Windows 10, Version 20H2.  Anything that uses ActiveX is not working.

Scenario 2:
    Random existing laptops, Windows 10, Version 20H2.  Anything that uses ActiveX is not working while other seemingly identical laptops are working fine.

I'm hoping someone has had the same problem and give me some direction.  Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    John Tremper
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: ActiveX errors

Posted Jul 26, 2021 11:14 AM

The key point here is the complaint about a missing Key.  Some activeX controls need a key to work.  This can either be loaded in the registry by an installer, or it can be in a text based .LIC file next to the EXE.

I would guess that the control in use used to be part of some other software that was installed, and the other software loaded the key into the registry on the computers.  You will either need to purchase your own key for these controls, and load it in the registry, or put it in the .LIC file.

Look in your help file for "Deploying Licensed ActiveX Controls", or "Adding Entries to ObAx.LIC".
    This could be as simple as making certain that your ObAx.LIC from one of the good computers is copied to a new one, and that the user has read rights to it.