Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  New Release

Posted Jul 08, 2020 02:37 PM
    What's Deprecated?
    License Check Removal
    Changes have been carried out to remove license checks for CA 2E family of products. These changes will be applicable after the latest CA 2E r8.7.1 is applied. Note that Y2871AC and Y1871AC libraries must be present in the library lists/job descriptions being used to prevent the license checks from happening.
    If you have an existing license of CA 2E installed in your environment, you will see no impact from licensing side except that the license check would not happen at the backend.
    If you are upgrading to a new IBMi machine, you are no longer required to procure a new license to install CA 2E on a new machine and work with CA 2E.

Does this mean that 2e is going open source or is it free now?

Eamonn

------------------------------
    IT Operations Manager
    Feralloy Corporation

• 2.  RE: New Release
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 04:19 AM

Hi Eamonn,

2E neither is going open source nor is free. You are entitled to use the product as per your contract only but if you upgrade/change your hardware, your existing license will still work. In addition, to access some components there was a license check in the backend job, we have removed these license checks. This change has been done considering this will help our customers use product and upgrade/change hardware seamlessly. I would like to reiterate that you are entitled to use the product as per your contract and in case you are upgrading your hardware to a higher power machine (processing group) you still need to pay extra fee (if applicable) as per your contract. 

Thanks,
    Pravesh

[Product Manager, Enterprise Software Division]
    [Broadcom]

• 3.  RE: New Release

Posted Jul 09, 2020 07:32 AM
    So in this instance, if I move from a power7 (P20) to a power9 (P20) I won't need to get a new license key, but if i go from a P20 to a P30 I will.

IT Operations Manager
    Feralloy Corporation

• 4.  RE: New Release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2020 12:55 AM
    Hi Eamonn,

Your current license will work even if you move to higher power group (e.g P20 to P30) you won't need to get a new license key. This change has been done considering this will help our customers use product and upgrade/change hardware seamlessly. But in case of hardware upgrade to higher power group you still need to pay extra fee (if applicable) as per your contract.

Thanks,
    Pravesh

[Product Manager, Enterprise Software Division]
    [Broadcom]