Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Runtime error with activex and Windows 10

Posted Nov 26, 2019 05:49 AM
    After an automatic windows update, we get errors in the application.
    In a function that uses ActiveX Tabstrip, it does not work and there is runtime error.

We have tried to register the activeX again, but it didn´t work.
    Any suggestions on what I can look for?

/Anette

• 2.  RE: Runtime error with activex and Windows 10
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 26, 2019 10:22 AM

Hello Anette,

when trying to solve the problem, did you only re-register the ActiveX Tabstrip itself or the whole MSCOMCTL.OCX the control is associated with ?

I am asking because even if I did not find a directly matching issue for your problem during my Internet research, it seems that  in the past every now and then several issues came up such as wrong file versions of MSCOMCTL.OCX delivered, problems in conjunction with Microsoft security updates for Office, change of versions numbers of TypeLibs etc.

Some users were able to solve the problem by re-registering MSCOMCTL.OCX (using admin rights !)

On a 64 bit machine:

Regsvr32 /u "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

On a 32 bit machine:

Regsvr32 /u "C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Other users had to first install an older version of MSCOMCTL.OCX, unregister it and then install the younger version to solve their problems. To get more information, do an Internet research typing:

Fixing the Microsoft Windows Common Control Library (MSCOMCTL.OCX) Security Update

Others had to keep the MSCOMCTL:OCX on an additional directory. To get more information, do an Internet research typing :

Office 2019 Pro C2R monthly Update ships wrong MsComCtl.ocx Fileversion

Perhaps the above links can assist you in detecting the cause of your specific error.

Best regards

Anette-Nicole

• 3.  RE: Runtime error with activex and Windows 10

Posted Dec 04, 2019 04:40 AM

Hi Anette-Nicole,

Thanks for your answers.

We tried to register comctl32.ocx but it didn´t help. We also tried MSCOMCTL.ocx, which we didn´t have to do befor, and that didn´t help either.

We have solved it temporarily by installing the application locally. And hope it helps while we create a newer release of the application.

Best regards

Anette