Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  migrazione CA 2E

Posted Mar 22, 2019 12:55 PM

Buonasera, sono un utente di CA 2E da molto tempo, ho una vecchia versione che è ancora utilizzata quotidianamente per sviluppi. Ho la necessità di migrare su un nuovo server, è possibile ? 

• 2.  Re: migrazione CA 2E
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2019 02:45 PM

Hi Marco, 

I translated your question as follows:

"I have been a CA 2E user for a long time, I have an old version that is still used daily for developments. I need to migrate to a new server, is it possible?"

The answer depends on the version of CA 2E in combination with the IBM iSeries OS version. If the version of 2E is compatible with the OS, then yes it is possible. 

Go to the following link for the the compatibility matrix (2E releases and OS version compatibility).   

Here is the compatibility matrix link for 2E: 

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/1631/1631_compatibility_matrix.pdf 

Also, keep in mind if you are compatible, when you move to a new physical machine you will need to request new license keys for this new machine where you have migrated 2E. 

Thank You 

Steve

• 3.  Re: migrazione CA 2E

Posted Mar 28, 2019 08:37 PM

G'day Marco,

Did that provide you with the correct answers?

Were you able to migrate to the new server?

What version of CA 2E are you migrating from?

Regards,

Darryl

• 4.  Re: migrazione CA 2E

Posted May 16, 2019 10:31 AM
    hi I apologize for the delay with which I answer.
    My main problem is not being able to contact CA to get the license to install CA 2e on a different server than the current one.
    is there any way to have a contact to be able to make this migration?

• 5.  Re: migrazione CA 2E

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 10:00 AM

Hi Marco, 

In order to acquire licensing keys to apply to a new/different server machine for 2E, you would need to open a Support Case at 'support.ca.com'.   Go to this website location and login (you may need to register). Next, select the link 'Case Management' and open a new case, Or call in at 800-225-5224 and open a case with our Customer Care Team.  

Regarding licensing keys, new keys are needed when moving to a new machine as it relates to 2E.  Our Licensing Team will need the new machines model and serial in order to generate you new keys, along with instructions to apply them. 

Thank You 

Steve

• 6.  Re: migrazione CA 2E

Posted May 21, 2019 04:20 AM

i try but I do not have an active maintenance contract and I am not enabled to 'Case Management'.
    I'm trying to have contact with a sales person here in Italy.

I sent a request to CA support