Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Action diagram: Is there a shortcut key to move to a subprocedure?

Posted Nov 25, 2016 07:28 AM

Is there a keyboard shortcut for opening and displaying a sub in action diagram? Currently the only way I know to achieve this is to double click the row containing the "Go Sub  DoSomething" with mouse.

I think Plex would be more efficient to use if there would be more keyboard shortcuts. I know there are some, though, and would like to know them better.

• 2.  Re: Action diagram: Is there a shortcut key to move to a subprocedure?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:22 PM

I did a search for "Keyboard Shortcuts" within the CA Plex IDE's online help, and found an article titled- take a guess- Keyboard Shortcuts. It lists the keyboard shortcuts for all of the main components that we use in the IDE to design our Plex applications, and yes, it does include a section on the Action Diagrammer keys. Unfortunately, there is no keyboard shortcut documented for the capability that you need.

So I recommend adding this to the IDEA wall as an enhancement request if you think this would be useful.

Thanks,

Stephen

• 3.  Re: Action diagram: Is there a shortcut key to move to a subprocedure?

Posted Nov 30, 2016 05:29 PM

others have felt this useful and we have asked for it before

Navigate to previous cursor position functionality 

“Back” option when a subroutine is double clicked 

don't know how many votes it needs or how many ideas need to be posted but I guess juhohe would be best to create another idea as if he just votes the first one up from to 26 to 27 it makes little difference but if he creates another idea then 3 ideas feels like greater sway....excuse my cynism..as I do know how the idea wall works or does not work depending on who you ask.

bruno.agostinho wrote:

I really don’t quite understand how after 20 years, Plex still doesn't have this “back” option.