Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Force WINC to always read from .INI and not remember database connection.

Posted May 09, 2017 06:18 AM

Is there a setting to always have WINC check the .INI file for database connection settings and not to remember it after the first time it checked it?

For example: Program A(Winc) calls function B(RPG)   Program A checks .INI to get remote settings and calls Program B.

After this I end the active job in the as400 Without ending Program A and change the .INI file to use another user or server just to see if its working, so I run Program A again but it still uses the old user not the new one.

What I wanted was after I ended the job(connection) on the as400, when I called the ropg function again to use the new remote settings in the .INI.

• 2.  Re: Force WINC to always read from .INI and not remember database connection.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 11:31 AM

I found the following in the Plex Help.  Maybe it is something that can be used to accomplish what you need.

Modifying .INI options at run-time

Modifying .INI options at run-time

You can use API Calls in your action diagrams to enable the end user to change the .INI options without editing the file directly and also to create your own options. For example, you could provide an Options dialog for your end users.

To set or get one of the default .INI options, you must use CA Plex's GetOption and SetOption APIs. Source code objects for these APIs are supplied in the OBWIN class library. You can also use these APIs to create user-defined options.