Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

Dialog Message - GUI

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Dialog Message - GUI

Posted 08-18-2014 04:47 AM

Hello, is it possible to change the appearance of the ca plex Dialog message? normally it has "Panel" as caption and the yellow triangle Symbol... is there a way to Change this gui at runtime?

thanks in advance, regards tobias

• 2.  Re: Dialog Message - GUI

Posted 08-18-2014 05:45 AM

I assume you are using WinC client.

You can change the title of the message box in the .INI file (This is a general setting then ) .

[Message Box]

Title=MyTitle

Always Override=True

Note: There is also a difference in presentation of the message box when using MFC 6 instead of default MFC 5.  You can set your app to use MFC 6. using a manifest.

see: Windows XP Look and Feel for WinC - The CA Plex Wiki

Best

Lorenz

• 3.  Re: Dialog Message - GUI

Posted 08-18-2014 05:56 AM

thank you i will try out. best tobias

• 4.  Re: Dialog Message - GUI
    Best Answer

Posted 08-18-2014 06:24 AM

Normally the dialog should not be have the title "Panel". Please read attached help that includes Lorenz's useful info.

Specifying the Message Box Title (Windows Only)

By default the text appearing on the title bar of a dialog or enquiry message box is the title of the panel that sends the message or the name of the sending function, if there is no panel. You can override this text by entering a title in the

[Message Box] section of the application's .INI file:

[Message Box]
    Title=My Application
    Always Override=False

In this example, the title text My Application is used for all messages, except where a FNC name NME triple has been specified for the sending function. In this case, the specified name is used instead. Set the Always Override option to True if you want the title text specified in the .INI file to be used in all cases.

And if you use the manifest you will get a dialog that looks like the follwoing BUT it does mean your whole application will look different...I have tried the manifest change with success on new dev but changing an existing application involved work and user acceptance

MesssageDialog.png

• 5.  Re: Dialog Message - GUI

Posted 08-18-2014 06:34 AM

if you are brave Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage Plex Family - Changing the resource file in 5.5

But please note https://communities.ca.com/message/2260987#2260987

But I can't remember if the DIALOG MESSAGE is part of this resource.

• 6.  Re: Dialog Message - GUI

Posted 08-18-2014 07:00 AM

Thank you george. i willl try out your tips, too! best regards, tobias