Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 22, 2008 06:29 AM
    Does anyone  have used the WebBrowser control in Plex?[left] Thanks[left]

• 2.  Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 22, 2008 06:54 AM
    Yes, we did. Nothing fancy, the requirement was to show a XML file with in Plex WinC client. 1. Insert a ActiveX control (Microsoft Web Browser) on the Panel 2. In the action diagram call source code WebBrowser1.Navigate &(1:). Where Parameter 1 is path of the xml file. Srini

• 3.  Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 22, 2008 06:57 AM
    I want to know the right meaning of the parameter of the VBScript statement WebBrowser1.Navigate &(1:), Flags, TargetFrameName, PostData, Headers.[left] Does exist a documentation about use this control with VB 6 or VBScript (not in .NET)?[left] Thanks[left]

• 4.  Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 22, 2008 10:16 AM
    Try MSDN or Google. MSDN does have help/documentation in C#, C++,VB and/or J++ for each of the methods.
    Webbrowser
    WebBrowser.Navigate

Hope this helps.
    Srini

Message Edited by Srini on 05-22-2008 12:18 PM

• 5.  Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 23, 2008 12:38 AM
    I have already seen these articles.[left] I hope to find some interesting examples in VBScript code (in particular for Plex).[left] Thanks[left]

• 6.  Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 23, 2008 03:55 AM
    Pasquale,[left]  [left] Here's what I know[left]  [left] WebBrowser1.Navigate &(1:), Flags, TargetFrameName, PostData, Headers[left]  [left] Flags -[left]  [left] 0 = Open in current Window[left] 1 = Open in new Window[left]  [left] TargetFrameName[left]  [left] You can open the new window in the named frame.[left]  [left] PostData[left]  [left] You can add POST data[left]  [left] Headers[left]  [left] You can add additional HTTP headers[left]  [left] I have only used the first two :-)[left]  [left] Crispin.[left]  [left]  [left]

• 7.  Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted May 23, 2008 02:02 PM
      |   view attached
    We have used MS Webcontrol in order to provide 'dynamic multiple-db-record-formats' in an application table
    of one of our applications when viewed in its 'EditView' Panel. That is, based in the value of a field in this table,
    the table is 'logically extended' by different dynamic db-record formats (sets of fields who form a dynamic db-record).
    Inside the MS Webcontrol we 'formulate' dynamically the html page and populate its data fields with values from a
    dictionary VBScript Object, which is being filled from database data.
    So we have: Database --> Retrieval --> Populate Dictionary Object --> 'construct' the html page in the Webcontrol with
    values from the Dictionary Object --> Display to the User & accept his interaction with data (e.g. changes) -->
    Retrieve from html document the changes back to Dictionary Object --> Write changes back to database.

Following are attached the two Vbscript sources:
    -1-DictionaryToHtml.txt
    (The WBCR12004F is the name of the Webcontrol in the plex panel) Note the two lines:
    Set WD = WBCR12004F.document
    WD.body.innerHTML = HTMLSource
    -2-HtmlToDictionary.txt

Best Regards, Nicolas

Attachment(s)

• 8.  RE: Re: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted Jun 28, 2019 10:12 AM
    Try WebKitX, it supports HTML5 and modern frameworks like Angular and React.

• 9.  RE: WebBrowser Control in Plex

Posted Jun 29, 2019 01:35 AM
    Hello to all, 
    with our upgrade to Plex 7.2.1
    and due to performance requirements, 
    since we are embedding Angular in a 
    WebContol, (generator: Winc 32bit C/S with IBM i), we have started phasing out the MS WebContol, and using the MobileFX's WebkitX CEF3 ActiveX control, which is way faster than the MS WebContol. Note that it is available not only as an ActiveX but also available for C#, and it has detailed documentation on its web site.

------------------------------
    Senior Software Engineer
    BASIS SA
    ------------------------------