Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Setting up Failover to work

Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:29 PM
    Hi all,

I am new to this place and have only joined yesterday.

I am trying to set up an API to work with the Failover Execution Mode, is there a complete guide on setting this up? I can't seem to get it to work, I have done the following:

• Changed the API I am trying to the Failover Execution Mode.
    • Set up the LIVE_INVOCATION_SERVER with the IP I want a request to hit first.
    I'm not sure what I am missing as any request goes straight to the virtualised response and not the initial endpoint that I want the request to hit.

Like previously mentioned, if there are any complete guides on how to set this up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Luke

• 2.  RE: Setting up Failover to work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:35 PM

Have you reviewed the below documentation?

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/devtest-solutions/10-6/using/using-service-virtualization/using-devtest-portal-with-service-virtualization/monitor-virtual-services/execution-mode.html

Does the live invocation mode work ok?

what version of devtest are you using?

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Setting up Failover to work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:40 PM
    When you set the VS to Failover mode, are you seeing that in DevTest Portal-->VSE--VS-->Execution mode. If so, as long your Live endpoint is up then you should get a valid response. If Live endpoint is not up and running then you will get a response from VS.

Can you share the API call what you used and screenshot of the VSE Portal?

Regards,
    Prema

• 4.  RE: Setting up Failover to work

Posted Oct 22, 2020 04:29 AM
    Hi Luke,

In failover when the live system call fails, the VSE responds .

Once you change the execution mode on portal, the request will redirected to real backend. However, if backend doesn't provide a response then VSE will respond. So make sure your backend system is configured correctly and accessible via DevTest.

Also configure the values in below screenshot:

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini