Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Error on running DevTest Test runner

• 1.  Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 01:57 PM
    Edited by Supriyo Ghosh Sep 29, 2020 02:52 PM
    I am getting below error when running a simple test from Test runner using command line . The same test is running successfully from workstation.    Error details mentioned below . Please help with the probably cause.

Reading user properties from C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\bin\/../\lisa.user.properties
    Locale: en_US
    Setting System.out and System.err to: Cp1252
    LISA_HOME set to C:\PROGRA~1\CA\DevTest\
    DevTest temporary directory is C:\Users\ghosupr\lisatmp_10.4.0
    Configuring logging from 'C:\PROGRA~1\CA\DevTest\logging.properties'
    DevTest Solutions, Copyright (c) 2002-2020 CA, All rights reserved.
    DevTest Test Runner - Stage and Execute Test Cases
    DevTest Solutions Version :: 10.4.0 (10.4.0.366)
    Installed patches: none
    There is no rules.properties and rules.xml file. No custom rules loaded.
    No custom rules loaded from C:\PROGRA~1\CA\DevTest\rules.xml
    [DevTest AGENT:C][WARN][26368][1][main][Sep 29, 2020 1:47:37 PM] Could not establish connection to Agent broker at tcp://localhost:2009?daemon=true
    [DevTest AGENT:C][WARN][26368][1][main][Sep 29, 2020 1:47:38 PM] Could not establish connection to Agent broker at tcp://azlapsvdevtest1.mfcgd.com:2009?daemon=true
    Security is enabled in DevTest
    User credentials are valid
    Test Running...
    Tue Sep 29 13:47:49 EDT 2020 Coordinator556: Test ended. Passed: 0 Failed: 1 Aborted: 0 Errors: 0
    Test ended.
    Monitoring Tests Details (**hostname may need to be updated**):
    http://localhost:1507/devtest/#/main/testMonitorTests/detail//E2A020DC027B11EBBD4A000D3A0C1063//0
    event:Cycle runtime error,eventId:25,test:TC_025_Member_PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION,step:PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION,timestamp:Tue Sep 29 13:47:48 EDT 2020

============================================================================
    | Exception:
    | Message: Error doing random data sets
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Trapped Exception: Data file C:/Users/ghosupr/Downloads/DataFile/GB_NOW/LandingToStaging_MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember_PrimaryKey.xlsx has no datasets
    | Trapped Message:

| Exception:
    | Message: Data file C:/Users/ghosupr/Downloads/DataFile/GB_NOW/LandingToStaging_MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember_PrimaryKey.xlsx has no datasets

STACK TRACE

| Exception:
    | Message: Data file C:/Users/ghosupr/Downloads/DataFile/GB_NOW/LandingToStaging_MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember_PrimaryKey.xlsx has no datasets

at com.itko.lisa.test.ExcelDataFile.getNextRecord(ExcelDataFile.java:536)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.ExcelDataFile.getRecord(ExcelDataFile.java:506)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.RemoteMethodExec.execute(RemoteMethodExec.java:57)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.processRMIMessage(ServerRequestHandler.java:533)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.access$600(ServerRequestHandler.java:70)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler$5.run(ServerRequestHandler.java:451)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

event:Cycle failed,eventId:13,test:TC_025_Member_PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION,step:PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION,timestamp:Tue Sep 29 13:47:48 EDT 2020

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <CycleHistory>
    <EndedState>0</EndedState>
    <ModelUniqueId>C3D31FADC2E211E7BD994C1A20524153</ModelUniqueId>
    <CycleUniqueId>E32779CD027B11EBA803000D3A0C1063</CycleUniqueId>
    <StagingId>E2A020DC027B11EBBD4A000D3A0C1063</StagingId>
    <Run>TC_025_Member_PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION [Run1User1Cycle]</Run>
    <Sim>tcp://xxx/Simulator</Sim>
    <Instance>0</Instance>
    <Cycle>0</Cycle>
    <WarningCount>0</WarningCount>
    <ErrorCount>0</ErrorCount>
    <Configuration>/root/lisatmp_10.4.0/lads/E2A020DC027B11EBBD4A000D3A0C1063/GB Now Data Stream_Final/Configs/project.config</Configuration>
    <DataSets />
    <Companions />
    <QuietSteps />
    <EventActions />
    <Start>1601401668018</Start>
    <StartTime>2020-09-29 13:47:48</StartTime>
    <End>1601401668040</End>
    <EndTime>2020-09-29 13:47:48</EndTime>
    <EndedByDSM>false</EndedByDSM>
    <Workflow>
    <StepExecHistory>
    <StepName>PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION</StepName>
    <StepGUID>C3D31FAEC2E211E7BD994C1A20524153</StepGUID>
    <Time>1601401668040</Time>
    <TestRunId>E2A020DC027B11EBBD4A000D3A0C1063</TestRunId>
    <TypeName>SQL Database Execution (JDBC)</TypeName>
    <CycleUniqueId>E32779CD027B11EBA803000D3A0C1063</CycleUniqueId>
    <EndedState>0</EndedState>
    <RespTime>0</RespTime>
    <Bandwidth>0</Bandwidth>
    <PropsSet />
    <PropsUsed />
    <Events />
    <Warnings />
    <Errors />
    </StepExecHistory>
    </Workflow>
    </CycleHistory>

Exiting with exit code 1 (FAILURE)

• 2.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:13 PM
    Do you have the C:/Users/ghosupr/Downloads/DataFile/GB_NOW/LandingToStaging_MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember_PrimaryKey.xlsx file in the path and the full permissions to the folder?

• 3.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:39 PM
    Edited by Supriyo Ghosh Sep 29, 2020 02:41 PM
    Hi ,

Yes I have the file in the path and access too. The test is running successfully from DevTest Workstation.Command used :

TestRunner -a -u xxx -p xxx -m tcp://xxx/Registry -t "C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\Projects\xxx\Tests\Landing to Staging\MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember\TC_025_Member_PKEY_CONSTRAINT_VALIDATION.tst"

• 4.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 10:51 PM

Classification: HCL Internal

How is your testrunner command-line? When using testrunner, and you want to run the test on your local workstation you have to indicate that on the command-line, otherwise the test is handled by the default coordinator.

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 5.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 11:04 PM

Classification: HCL Internal

Sorry, ignore my previous request for a commandline, you actually provided the testrunner commandline. As you specified a testregistry, testrunner is not going to run this test locally by default. Try adding the parameter: -cs local

Cheers,

Danny

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 6.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 04:09 AM
    Hi Danny,

I am now using below command to execute from batch file:

CD C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\bin
    start TestRunner.exe -r "C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\Projects\GB Now Data Stream_Final\Tests\Landing to Staging\Full_Landing_Staging.tst" + "-cs local -m tcp://XXXX/Registry -u " + XXX+ " -p " + XXX + " -a";​

With this command there are now no errors getting returned. & testrunner is getting invoked successfully. But the strange thing is even when I give 500 tests to execute its running is 5 secs and test runner window is getting closed. I donot understand if the tests are at all running .

NOTE : I donot have filter 'Save resultset  to excel' yet to track if the tests are running as it is getting resolved via a different ticket.

• 7.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 04:19 AM

Classification: Public

Hi,

Have a look in testrunner.log to see if there are any errors logged (also during execution of the test).

And also you can see in the DevTest portal a testreport for every test that has run, even if it ran on a locally on a workstation (however, not for ITR runs). Can you find anything there?

When you say "give 500 tests to execute" where/how did you specify this? I assume you used a staging document? (I can't see that being used in your testrunner command line)

Cheers,

Danny

• 8.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 04:59 AM
    Edited by Supriyo Ghosh Sep 30, 2020 05:01 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Danny ,

I searched my DevTest directory but couldnot find any file called testrunner.log​.

When I open DevTest portal I get error attached.

'ÙActiveMQÇTcpNoDelayEnabledSizePrefixDisabled CacheSizeStackTraceEnabled CacheEnabledTightEncodingEnabledMaxInactivityDurationu0 MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay''

Full_Landing_Staging.tst is a subprocess which is a collection of further some subprocess & each of the subprocess further calls various tests. Hence running the Full_Landing_Staging.tst executes 500 + tests. The same is executed successfully from Workstation.

• 9.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 05:19 AM
    Hi Supriyo,

The file name will be trunner.log for test runner logs.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 10.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 05:26 AM

Classification: Public

And you find it under directory: C:\Users\<yourUser>\lisatmp_<yourVersion>

Cheers,

Danny

• 11.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 06:57 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I ran a single test to figure out the error . Found some errors in the trunner.log file . Could you pls help me out what could be the reason. Attached the log fine.​

Attachment(s)

log
    trunner.log   146 KB 1 version

• 12.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 07:10 AM
    I can see "Exiting with exit code 255 (INTERNAL ERROR)" which is for Bad Params.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 13.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 07:16 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Vaibhav,

I could figure out the error was happening because of + symbol used previous in the command hence  I changed the Test runner command to :

CD C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\bin
    start TestRunner.exe -t "C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\Projects\GB Now Data Stream_Final\Tests\Landing to Staging\MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember\TC_024_MCMbrChgNotifnMsgMember_Metadata_Validation.tst" -cs local -m tcp://XXX/Registry -u XXX-p XXX

Now I find the test running continuously and not ending , hence I had to stop the test runner forcibly. Could you pls let know the reason for the same. Attached the log as well where you can see same test running again and again. It should run only once. Also I had to manually press enter key to start the test and when I am using -a in the command its returning error. Pls suggest.

Attachment(s)

log
    trunner.log   169 KB 1 version

• 14.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 07:30 AM
    It seems you are reading data from an excel, at the end of data, mark a step to complete/end the test case.

Also, it will be helpful if you could share the test or its sceenshot with steps.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 15.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 07:36 AM
      |   view attached
    ​Hi Vaibhav,

Please find attached the screenshot . I am not sharing the test due to client security policy. Please note when running from workstation it does not run again and again it runs once and stops.

• 16.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 07:45 AM
    Find attached 2 more screenshots​

• 17.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 30, 2020 09:36 AM
    Hi Supriyo,

I am unable to replicate the scenario, you can try checking the local option in read row from excel configuration, restart the components and try once.

Also, can you send the excel you are referring, put some junk data (but same file, which you are using), i suspect it could be a datatype related issue but can only validate post test.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 18.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Oct 10, 2020 12:17 PM
    Hi Vaibhav,

I think it is not due to the test case as even if I removed the excel configuration from the test case and run a simple SQL database execution (JDBC) test with only a single query it returns all these rows in the trunner.log .Attached the trunner.log & the test case . Below rows get returned multiple times in the trunner.log file . Is this something expected behavior of DevTest tool? Also please note I am running the test locally using below trunner command:

Recurring lines in Trunner log:

2020-10-10 16:02:48,555Z (12:02) [main] INFO  System.out                     - 2020-10-10 12:02:48 TestRun Info for justfortest [Run1User1Cycle]: avgNodeTime (ms) = 434 instances = 0 cycles = 1 failed = 0 steps = 1 steps/sec = 0.3 cycles/sec = 0.3
    2020-10-10 16:02:48,603Z (12:02) [main] INFO  System.out                     -
    2020-10-10 16:02:49,605Z (12:02) [main] INFO  System.out                     - 2020-10-10 12:02:49 TestRun Info for justfortest [Run1User1Cycle]: avgNodeTime (ms) = 434 instances = 0 cycles = 1 failed = 0 steps = 1 steps/sec = 0.3 cycles/sec = 0.3
    2020-10-10 16:02:49,607Z (12:02) [main] INFO  System.out                     -
    2020-10-10 16:02:50,608Z (12:02) [main] INFO  System.out                     - 2020-10-10 12:02:50 TestRun Info for justfortest [Run1User1Cycle]: avgNodeTime (ms) = 434 instances = 0 cycles = 1 failed = 0 steps = 1 steps/sec = 0.3 cycles/sec = 0.3
    2020-10-10 16:02:50,609Z (12:02) [main] INFO  System.out                     - ​

Errors in trunner.log file :
    2020-10-10 16:02:28,794Z (12:02) [main] INFO  com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler - Registered service of class com.itko.lisa.stats.MetricControllerImpl named tcp://VBX01278:2005/metricsFE477F1A0B1111EBBF55005056BA7E09
    2020-10-10 16:02:30,821Z (12:02) [main] ERROR com.itko.lisa.editor.Intersections - Could not load typemap. There will be issues.
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: key can't be empty
     at java.lang.System.checkKey(System.java:841)
     at java.lang.System.setProperty(System.java:789)
     at com.itko.lisa.editor.DiscoverCustomClasses.processDynamicExtensions(DiscoverCustomClasses.java:172)

2020-10-10 16:03:13,931Z (12:03) [dbwriter for justfortest [Run1User1Cycle]] ERROR com.itko.lisa.history.InternalQueueToDb - Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
    Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
    Error Code: 0
    javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
    Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
    Error Code: 0

Trunner command used :

start TestRunner.exe -t "C:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\Projects\GB Now Data Stream_Final_For_GITLAB\Tests\Landing to Staging\McMbrChgNotifnDependent\justfortest.tst" -cs local -m tcp://xxx/Registry -u xxx-p xxx-a

Attachment(s)

log
    trunner.log   169 KB 1 version
    zip
    justfortest.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 19.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Oct 11, 2020 05:46 PM
    Hi Supriyo,

Couple of points:
    1. In assertion for dataset size, remove null and put 0
    2. If your test case is rightly configured it should be executed only once in TestRunner, i have replicated the scenario at my end and observed only when i put some wrong config (username/ DBname etc.) then only multiple recurring calls are visible in TestRunner otherwise only single entry.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 20.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:39 PM
    Hi Supriyo,

Try executing the test runner command in CMD by run as admin and try once.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 21.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:45 PM
    I donot have admin privileges as it is client machine

• 22.  RE: Error on running DevTest Test runner

Posted Sep 29, 2020 03:31 PM
    Hi Supriyo,

It may be an implementation related issue, based on below error:

Test Running...
    Tue Sep 29 13:47:49 EDT 2020 Coordinator556: Test ended. Passed: 0 Failed: 1 Aborted: 0 Errors: 0
    Test ended.

Can you share the test case as without having the exact implementation detail, it is not feasible to analyze.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini