Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Recording option in Devtest portal

• 1.  Recording option in Devtest portal

Posted 09-07-2020 09:49 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been trying recording option from Devtest Portal 10.6 for a while now. Once I click on 'Start Recording' nothing seems to happen no transaction is getting recorded. I opened the rest API in a different tab and clicked on 'enter' button while the recording is on but that transaction is not getting recorded.

Am i missing anything?

Thanks, Arun

• 2.  RE: Recording option in Devtest portal

Posted 09-07-2020 12:03 PM
    Can somebody please respond to this query

• 3.  RE: Recording option in Devtest portal

Posted 09-08-2020 01:11 AM
    Hi Arun,

While recording, lets assume i have a live service url "http://www.chemspider.com/MassSpecAPI.asmx?op=GetDatabases" then recording configuration may look as below:

Once, this is configured i will start sending request to http://devtestmachinehostname:port?op=GetDatabases and i will be able to get the transactions (orange box highlighted in above image)

Thanks 

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 4.  RE: Recording option in Devtest portal

Posted 09-08-2020 10:18 AM
    Hi Vaibhav,

I have a test url (its working if try to hit it from browser or soap ui or postman, i.e. giving response) 

I have done exactly similar process as you explained but trx orange color box is not getting updated

Please advise

Thanks, Arun

• 5.  RE: Recording option in Devtest portal

Posted 09-08-2020 10:28 AM
    Hi Arun,

Once configured, you have to use devtest machine's IP & port configured in-place of hostname and port in actual service url. If transaction box is not getting updated, this means you are not getting any traffic on the configured port & host.​

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 6.  RE: Recording option in Devtest portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 09-08-2020 10:36 AM
    Hi Arun,

If it is working from Browser and Postman then it should work if you configured endpoint to to use VSE Host and Port unless the client application don't have access to VSE Host and Port.

You can validate the access using Telnet VSEHost Port where you are making a call to the VSE Recorder. 

Regards,
    Prema