Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  VSE Recorder

Posted Nov 21, 2019 01:45 AM
    Hi all,
    Below is the application architecture and we have to virtualize Destination 2 system which is consuming JTB (Java Tree Builder) call from Middle Layer. 
    Could anyone please suggest which transport protocol should i choose for VSE Recorder for JTB and where should i install the DevTest Java Agent to record transactions. In middleLayer or Destination 2. 
    Middle Layer we are facing challenges to install DevTest Java Agent because access is limited.

Could anyone please suggest, thanks a lot in advance. 

Architecture

------------------------------
    Service Virtualization Consultant
    Infosys | India

• 2.  RE: VSE Recorder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2019 02:01 AM
    HI Venkatesh
                Thanks for sharing the picture; its definitely worth more than 1000 words ! 

It appears like you have a 3+ tier architecture. You may choose to virtualize the Middle Layer completely in which case you need to choose HTTP/HTTPS as transport protocol. 

However you have mentioned that you just want to virtualize the Destination-2 backend system. You would need to use the transport and data protocol that your Middle-Layer uses to communicate with the Destination-2 system.

You really do not need to install DevTest component in any of these servers. DevTest can just be there in your Laptop and at recording time, Devtest recorder would initiate a listener which would act as a proxy between you Middle-Layer and destination-2 backend. You just need to change the configuration at your Middle-Layer to talk to the devtest host and port instead of the destination-2 host/port. 

Just to conclude, first things first, please identify what is the transport and data protocol used for communication between Middle and Backend-2 systems. Life will be a lot easier once this is known.

-- 
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 3.  RE: VSE Recorder

Posted Nov 21, 2019 02:35 AM
    Thanks Shankar for the quick response.
    Client wants to Virtualize Destination 2 for the time being and the transport protocol which Middle Layer is communicating with destination 2 is JCA. 
    Please let me know if there is any way to virtualize only Destination 2 instead of virtualizing Middle Layer. 

Thanks a lot !!!

Service Virtualization Consultant
    Infosys | India

• 4.  RE: VSE Recorder
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2019 02:54 AM
    Hi Venkatesh
               I am not familiar with JCA, but we need to know a little more about this protocol than just the name.

Could you please get in touch with your Client and ask them to share some more details about this JCA protocol ? Is it based on TCP or HTTP ? It would be better to collect some sample request/response pairs from the Middle-layer to Destination-2 communication. Please also ask them to share any link to the JCA protocol specification.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan