Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to sort the JSON objects present in JSON response with reference to any element present in the JSON.

• 1.  How to sort the JSON objects present in JSON response with reference to any element present in the JSON.

Posted Jul 05, 2019 07:28 AM
    Hi all,

We have a JSON response with JSON objects in JSON array. The requirement is to sort the JSON objects refering to the JSON element present in the JSON objects.

After sorting the final response have to set in rsp object.

How I should approach, below is the sample JSON

{
    "Data":{
    "List":[{
    "Id": "501"
    }
    {
    "Id": "108"
    }
    {
    "Id": "808"
    }
    ]
    }}

Please suggest me.
    Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Thank you,
    Ashutosh
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How to sort the JSON objects present in JSON response with reference to any element present in the JSON.

Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:29 AM

Hi,

I assume these unsorted responses are recorded like this inside your VSI? If so, how was the VSI created, from Request-Response pairs?

Or are these responses obtained dynamically inside your VSM, and do you need to sort them at runtime while the virtual service is active?

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How to sort the JSON objects present in JSON response with reference to any element present in the JSON.

Posted Jul 09, 2019 09:47 AM
    I have a master JSON response file which I ketk using dataset in VSM. I used JSON path filter in filters to get the specific no of JSON objects from jsoJ master file. Now this is unsorted JSON response which I need to sort in ascending or descending order by considering any value of element present in the unsorted json response file ... All these I need to do in VSM dynamically at runtime.

Thanks