Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Copybook record embedded in XML

Posted Sep 24, 2020 04:30 AM
    Hi,

There is a need to virtualize MQ transactions in which the Data protocol is XML. But the complicated part is this XML holds a copybook record in one of its tag. I am able to create the VSI by using the Request DPHs as Generic XML Payload parser followed by Copybook data protocol. Doing this I can see all the fields in the copybook record and also few important fields in the parent XML. The problem lies with response processing. Obviously we need to return another XML back to MQ but again a copybook record need to be embedded in one of its tag. What response side protocol handler stack need to be used here so that I can see all the response copy book fields and encapsulating XML fields in VSI response section.

Sample Input
    <root>
     <id>12345456546</id>
     <data>abcd ef   12324 sgksld 23 43qasfd kdlkss 000000000000         aas</data>
    </root>

Sample Output
    <root>
     <id>12345456546</id>
     <data>xyz sada 23232 324 3433 kdlkss 000000000000         aas 1212ds </data>
    </root>

Regards
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Copybook record embedded in XML

Posted Sep 24, 2020 08:30 AM
    Hi Alex, 

As per my understanding, with XML response you might not be able to view the entire response in VSI at once with copyboox, as XML in XML will create a problem.

You can put the copybook response in a property and use that in response XML.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------