Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  DevTest 10.4 results

Posted Oct 29, 2019 10:52 AM
    Hi Team

• The result of each test execution in DevTest is stored in the database, we would like to replicate these results to our common test repository (where we store results from all our tooling).
    • For many of our tools this has been very easy as each test result is in an xml, Junit or some other format. 
    • Does something similar exist for DevTest where we could intercept the response before it is stored to the internal DevTest DB?
    In other words, what is the physical location of DevTest results?

Thanks
    Amanpreet Aulakh

• 2.  RE: DevTest 10.4 results

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2019 03:58 AM
    Very interesting question. All the test results are stored in database tables. Look for tables such as hst_testrun, hst_suiterun etc. The tables are logically named, it would be very easy for you to identify the Information. Before even you get to the tables, I suggest you to use the APIs exposed by the product.

I don't have a ready answer to the other part of your question about intercepting test result days before is it persisted. At a very high level, I would think that this must be possible as we have rich set of events in the product. I will check this further and revert to you.

------------------------------
    Sankar Natarajan
    Service Virtualization Product Engineering Team
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: DevTest 10.4 results

Posted Nov 14, 2019 09:36 AM
    Can you please let me know the path of tables such as hst_testrun, hst_suiterun etc, as I am unable to find in my local?

Thanks
    Amanpreet Aulakh

• 4.  RE: DevTest 10.4 results
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 08:05 AM
    Sankar is implying the database you have configured with your SV instance, specifically with Registry database. That database will have the hst* tables which contains the info on tests, suites execution, etc.

As an example: by default OOTB, the Registry is connected to Derby database and it is called lisa.db. You can find it under <path-to-installed-product/CA/DevTest/database. You can use an database tool like DBVisualizer to look at the tables and the corresponding data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
     - Koustubh

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company