Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Oct 01, 2019 11:12 AM
    Hi,

I'm trying to add the virtual service to continuous validation service for monitoring purpose in Devtest portal, but i'm receiving the below error:

I have tried via Devtest Workstation as well but unable to create the staging document and receiving the below error:

Please provide the resolution which will be helpful for us:)

Regards,
    Prerana HR

• 2.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 11:21 AM
    HI Prerana
                       Looks like you are uploading a .MARI file. Please use the MAR file instead.

-Sankar

------------------------------
    Sankar Natarajan
    Service Virtualization Product Engineering Team
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 01, 2019 11:23 AM
    Hi,

I  would concentrate on getting it to work in the workstation first, and shortest route first. So, right-click on the testcase an start by deploying direct: "Deploy as Monitor to CVS..."

Cheers,
    Danny

• 4.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:00 AM

Hi Danny,

I created the test case, when I try to deploy in CVS monitor tab it is prompting for the staging doc.

Can you please let me know the creation of Staging doc

Regards,
    Prerana HR

• 5.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:05 AM

You can just take the default staging doc: Run1User1Cycle.stg

If that option is not shown in dropdown then you are not working from a default DevTest project structure? (which is potentially also an explanation for the issues you have with the .mar file)

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 6.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Nov 06, 2019 06:35 AM
    Hi Danny,

Once the service deployed to CVS monitor, its throwing the exception at error staging phase.
    Could you please provide your suggestions which would be helpful:)

Regards,
    Prerana HR

• 7.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:14 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Prerana,

A staging document contains information about how to run a test case. You create staging documents in DevTest Workstation (if none is available in your folder structure). 

When you create a new project in workstation One sample staging document is available in StagingDocs folder, you can use that as well.

Without staging document, it is not possible to have it hosted on CVS

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 8.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Oct 11, 2019 01:41 AM

Hi Prerana,

You have to upload the Mar file instead of MarInfo file (.mari). You can create a mar file from workstation or by using MakeMar utility in Lisa_Home folder

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 9.  RE: Unable to add service to CVS monitor tab

Posted Oct 22, 2019 08:57 AM

Hi Vaibhav,

I tried with uploading the Mar file which I created in Workstation(Build Model Archive file), as I try to deploy the same Mar file in CVS Monitor tab receiving the below error: