Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Disable the magic dates at a virtual service level.

Posted Nov 19, 2019 07:43 AM
    Hi All,

I have a situation where we have deployed the virtual service in the learning mode and the responses learned has a Date of Birth field which is being replaced with a magic date. doDateDeltaFromCurrent("yyyy-MM-dd","-15572D");

The challenge now is when the virtual service is being deployed in the playback mode, the DOB is coming incorrectly because it is computing based on the current date and causing all the test cases to fail.

Is there any possibility to disable the magic dates for a given virtual service as I cannot disable at the installation level in the local.properites as it will impact the virtual services that are being used by lot of other teams. We have an enterprise level virtualization server setup.

I cannot manually go and disable in the virtual service as It might get replaced back again if I deploy the virtual service in the learning mode again.

Please advice what options I have. I defnitely fell DevTest should have an option to enable and disable at the virtual service level rather than at the installation level.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Shivakumar.

• 2.  RE: Disable the magic dates at a virtual service level.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 08:36 AM
    Good question! Finding out.....

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company

• 3.  RE: Disable the magic dates at a virtual service level.

Posted Nov 19, 2019 09:45 AM
    Thanks Koustubh..Appreciate if you can help me in this regards.

• 4.  RE: Disable the magic dates at a virtual service level.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2019 04:14 PM
    Hi,

I haven't had much of a chance to actually experiment with this, but I have something you could try.

Look into "lisa.properties" for a series of properties that begin "lisa.datechecker.". These control what formats VSE uses to recognize date/time formats.

They are certainly used for "less than" and "greater than" comparisons for response matching in playback. I'm not sure if the recorder uses them.

If you try this, override them in local.properties. Don't make changes to lisa.properties.

--Mike