Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Portal Inspector and Session Data timeout when refreshing/loading

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2019 04:21 PM
    Greetings.
    I have a vsi image consisting of large response sizes (~1M) x N pages.
    I suspect that when I enable "Track what VSE responds with (Transaction Tracking)" from Portal for the VSE image it is generating similarly sized records while recording(?)

When I go to the Inspector View and View session/tracking information the "Loading" splash screen is displayed for about 10s and then no data is displayed. If I do the same for other [much smaller] images I do get data in the view.
    Can someone confirm if there is some limit I am hitting when trying to inspect/view jumbo sized request/response transactions?
    And, is there some tunable property to remedy this?

------------------------------
    Software Engineer
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Portal Inspector and Session Data timeout when refreshing/loading
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2019 07:03 AM
    Hi Fred,

You can try by modifying the values of below parameters in lisa.properties file:

lisa.vse.match.event.buffer.size = <<some value like 1000>>> - VSE matching related events to be buffered
    lisa.vse.request.event.set.buffer.size=  <<some value like 10>>> Inbound VSE requests for which a full set of events(per model) to be buffered

P.S: Above values can induce some performance delays in the responsiveness of VSE. Hence, should be changed carefully.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: Portal Inspector and Session Data timeout when refreshing/loading

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 07:18 AM
    Hi Fred
           Can you check in F12 developer console in chrome, if you see JSON Parse error ? A similar issue was recently reported by another customer and fixed. 

regards
    Sankar

Sankar Natarajan
    Service Virtualization Product Engineering Team
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Portal Inspector and Session Data timeout when refreshing/loading

Posted Mar 18, 2020 04:33 PM
    Hi All,

I have created virtual service and validated (version 10.5) working as expected but I am unable to see anything under "View session/tracking Information". How do I enable it?