Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  REMINDER: SV 10.3 End of Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2020 05:49 PM
    Hello Lisa/SV/DevTest community fellow members - The End of Service for version 10.3 is coming up on March 30, 2020 which is in a week's time from now. So if you are still on a prior version, please start planning your upgrade to the latest version 10.6. 

If you have any questions or need assistance, please post the questions here or reach out to me directly at Koustubh.Warty@Broadcom.com 

Thanks,
     - Koustubh

------------------------------
    Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company

• 2.  RE: REMINDER: SV 10.3 End of Service

Posted Mar 30, 2020 03:30 PM
    Thank you for posting this reminder Koustubh!

Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: REMINDER: SV 10.3 End of Service

Posted Apr 06, 2020 04:01 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Koustubh,

Thank you for posting this. I do have few queries here could you please help.

Currently we are on DevTest version 10.3. Planning to upgrade it to latest version 10.6.
         1. What are the Pre-requisites?
         2. Do we need to request a new license file (devtestlic.xml) from Support?
         3. What are the steps to download latest version from broadcom?
               - I have followed this (attached a sceernshot) https://support.broadcom.com/download-center/product-download.html?subfamily=SERVICE%20VIRTUALIZATION
                 As I'm doing this for the first time,it has list of packages not sure which software would need to consider.

Thanks,
    Mohammed Sheeraz

• 4.  RE: REMINDER: SV 10.3 End of Service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2020 03:30 PM

Hello Mohammed - Very valid questions and good to know you are upgrading from 10.3 to 10.6.

#1. https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/continuous-testing/devtest-solutions/10-6/installing/preinstallation/system-requirements.html

#2: ​​https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/continuous-testing/devtest-solutions/10-6/administering/license-administration.html

#3: 
    ​Any of those entries should work for you. First of all dropdown and change to 10.6 for any entry. Then click on the entry name and you should see a list of all the downloads available for 10.6. Then you could download all or whatever you want to download from that page using HTTP or FTP.

Also please send me an email separately so I can track this for you.

Thanks,
     - Koustubh

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company

• 5.  RE: REMINDER: SV 10.3 End of Service

Posted Apr 12, 2020 09:49 AM
    Hello Koustubh,

Thank you so much for the response, it would be very helpful will go through it once.

And Sure, will send out an email separately.

Regards,
    Mohammed Sheeraz