Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Integrate Qtest with Devtest

Posted Nov 12, 2019 10:54 AM
    Hi Team,

Is there any way we can Integrate Qtest with Devtest, If Yes Please let me know the procedure.

Regards,
    Saikiran Garapati.

• 2.  RE: Integrate Qtest with Devtest

Posted Nov 12, 2019 12:33 PM

Can you elaborate what kind of data objects you would like these 2 solution platforms to exchange? And which solution you would consider as the master for each of these data objects?

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 3.  RE: Integrate Qtest with Devtest

Posted Nov 13, 2019 12:00 AM
    Hi Danny,

We are trying to see the possibilities whether we can integrate these two platforms as one of project requirement is demanding, regarding which one acts as master I need to check with the team. Please let me know is there any possibility to integrate these two platforms.

Regards,
    Saikiran Garapati.

• 4.  RE: Integrate Qtest with Devtest
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2019 02:04 AM

Hi,

There is no OOTB integration if that is what you are looking for.

But the DevTest platform has an API, and I would assume QTest has also an API, so it might be possible to write some 'integration plumbing'-scripts. That is actually what I was already referring to when I asked about what data objects you want to exchange and what solution would be the master for each of these data objects. That is the analysis you need to do for any integration scripts you would write.

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 5.  RE: Integrate Qtest with Devtest

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2019 02:55 AM
    Danny has a valid point about using the APIs. Btw, can you share the integration use case that you want to achieve ? I understand QTest as a Test case management system.
    --
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 6.  RE: Integrate Qtest with Devtest

Posted Nov 13, 2019 05:31 AM
    ok Thanks Danny,