Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to merge to diffrent recorded requests

Posted Aug 06, 2020 11:32 AM
    Hi All,

I am having situation where there are three services running on 1 port (port:8003 , All were recorded at once) and now I have to add one more service to same port with other three services so there should be four now...I have recorded the new request and vsm vsi got created for this one...now I want to add this new service with other three request on the same port...but when I do this I am not getting any response from the new service...I have tried ITR but new service operation was not acknowledged at all...I am having such situations where I will have to keep adding such new services...what can be the ideal way to achieve it and not surewsure I am missing here. I have tried requests response pairs,copy paste from vsi etc... Let me know if any more information is required from my side

• 2.  RE: How to merge to diffrent recorded requests

Posted Aug 07, 2020 01:34 AM
    Hi Sourabh,

Having multiple services running on same port results in above scenarios.

Ideally you should create one service running on unique port on a single vse. Within that service, you can create multiple operations to cater your requirements.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How to merge to diffrent recorded requests
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2020 11:38 AM
    Hi Sourabh,
        Since you are running multiple services with same port number, you are not able to get the response correctly. To avoid this, maintain a single service running on port 8003 and merge all transactions into one VSI file.
         You can merge all transactions (other vsi files) into one vsi file by right click on main vsi file and select "combine other service image into this" and choose other vsi file which you want to merge.

Thanks,
    Srikanth