Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Service from Swagger Using Mandatory arguments only

Posted Sep 07, 2020 08:32 AM
    Hi All ,

I have a requirement to create a virtual service from Swagger with only the Mandatory arguments. I can use the Request Data Manager to add the required fields manually to achieve the same but since my Swaggers usually contain few hundred fields, adding these manually is a tedious task.

Is there a way we can make the workstation to pick only the fields under the required list from the Swagger object while creating the virtual service?

Please advice.

Regards,
    Shivakumar.

• 2.  RE: Virtual Service from Swagger Using Mandatory arguments only
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2020 09:24 AM
    Hi Shivakumar,

As per my knowledge there is no such functionality available. Another option (apart from RDP) is to generate the messages outside the tool and then use them as input for creating virtual services.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: Virtual Service from Swagger Using Mandatory arguments only

Posted Oct 08, 2020 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the reply Vaibhav. However, since I deal with Swaggers having a significant number of mandatory fields, creating outside is also a tedious task. It would have been much more simpler if DevTest itself provides the option to load only mandatory fields while reading the swagger to create the virtual service.

• 4.  RE: Virtual Service from Swagger Using Mandatory arguments only

Posted Oct 12, 2020 02:11 AM
    Yes, I do agree. Having such feature to have only mandatory flags will definitely help for processing specs in bulk.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini