Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Java code execution in CA devtest

Posted Aug 27, 2019 02:04 AM
    Hi,

I am trying to run the java code on CA lisa but i im not able to get any input. 
    I have written a simple java programme in eclipse and added the .class file of the same in the hot deploy in CA DEVTEST.
    The code the running fine in eclipse and i can see the expected output of the code, however when i am trying to run the same through CA devtest via Dynamic Java Execution it is running the code without giving error but not getting any output from that.
    Can some one please help.

• 2.  RE: Java code execution in CA devtest

Posted Aug 27, 2019 02:57 AM
    Hi Siddharth,

Could you share the class file and version of DevTest you are using.

Once executed, You can manipulate the object, and methods, using the Complex Object Editor.

Thanks.
    Vaibhav J

• 3.  RE: Java code execution in CA devtest
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2019 02:59 AM
    Hi,

It sounds like you are trying to run a standalone java program inside a script step? Never tried it but that wouldn't work, there is no part of the lisa framework that would call your "main" method. The dynamic java execution processes (java) expressions, so you need to put an expression that calls the method of the .class files that you added.

Please share the smallest snippet of code that is nptp working for you and we can try to find the reason.

Cheers,
    Danny

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Danny
    ------------------------------