Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Posted Nov 13, 2019 08:06 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I'm trying to install Devtest solution V10.5 on Linux virtual machine with OS Red Hat V7.5

I use the command-line version of the installer, with the -c option, (./devtest_linux_x64.sh -c) but I'm getting this message:

"gzip: sfx_archive.tar.gz: not in gzip format

I am sorry, but the installer file seems to be corrupted.

If you downloaded that file please try it again. If you

transfer that file with ftp please make sure that you are

using binary mode."

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hamza

• 2.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 08:27 AM
    @Giridharan Jagadeesan - Can you please check on this? Download the same installer file mentioned above on RH 7.5 and see if you run into the same issue. If not, then @Hamza BOUNAAMANE might have an unrelated​​ issue.

- Koustubh

------------------------------
    Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company

• 3.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 02:24 AM
    @Hamza BOUNAAMANE - I did not find any issues in installing.​ Also, I see in your attached screenshot that you have used capital 'C'. Generally these commands will be case sensitive. In addition, pls check if you have copied the installer correctly into RHEL 7.5. Hope this helps.

• 4.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 03:10 AM
    Thank you Giri.

• 5.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Posted Nov 20, 2019 08:24 AM
    @Giridharan Jagadeesan Thanks for your response, I resolved the issue.

Regards,
    Hamza​

• 6.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 09:13 AM
    @Hamza BOUNAAMANE - how did you resolve the issue?

• 7.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Posted Nov 20, 2019 09:31 AM
    @Koustubh Warty I didn't have enough space disk on my directory, so the installation binary file of DevTest were not totally transferred to my Linux machine just 80% of the whole file.That's why I had the message that the file is corrupted.

• 8.  RE: Problem encountered during the installation of devtest V10.5 on linux machine

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2019 05:22 AM
    Thanks!

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company