Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple VSE issue

Posted Jun 03, 2020 05:41 PM
    Hello All,

I am facing issues while creating multiple VSEs in the same server.  I am able to create and service is running under services.msc. However, it is not showing up in the Portal or workstation. Can someone please help.

Steps followed:

1. Copy VirtualServiceEnvironmentService.exe to VirtualServiceEnvironmentService2.exe.
      This file is in the LISA_HOME\bin directory (for example, C:\Programs Files\CA\DevTest).
    2. Create a new vmoptions file named VirtualServiceEnvironmentService2.vmoptions and put the following properties in the file.
      -Dlisa.vseName=tcp://hostname/Devtest10 VSE4
      -Dlisa.net.8.port=20132
      -DLISA_LOG=Devtest10 VSE4.log
    3. Add the VirtualServiceEnvironmentService2.vmoptions file to the LISA_HOME\bin directory.
    4. Repeat for each additional VSE service.
    5. To define the service, use the following command.

sc create "DevTest10 VSE4" binpath= "E:\CA\DevTest\bin\VirtualServiceEnvironmentService2.exe"

6. Stop and start the DevTest components.

• 2.  RE: Multiple VSE issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2020 09:11 PM
    Hi Harish,

Steps which you have mentioned are correct to create multiple VSE services. Please remove spaces in below properties in vmoptions file and restart the service. If you still see an issue, please attach Devtest10_VSE4.log file.

-Dlisa.vseName=tcp://hostname/Devtest10_VSE4
    -Dlisa.net.8.port=20132
    -DLISA_LOG=Devtest10_VSE4.log

Thanks,
    Srikanth Gajawada

• 3.  RE: Multiple VSE issue

Posted Jun 03, 2020 09:49 PM
    It is working now. Looks like space is the issue.
    Thanks, Srikanth.

• 4.  RE: Multiple VSE issue

Posted Aug 31, 2020 10:57 AM
    Hi Srikanth ,

Can you please let me know how can I restart my vse server as I tried to reboot it due to lot of error count it was getting on services deployed on it. Can you please let me know how to restart the VSE.

Regards
    Saurabh Mishra

• 5.  RE: Multiple VSE issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2020 11:36 AM
    If you are starting them as Services, look at the documentation at https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/devtest-solutions/10-6/administering/general-administration/running-server-components-as-services.html

If you want to start them as Server components, then Goto DevTEst_Home/bin folder and execute the VirtualServiceEnvironment.exe or execute it from command line.

• 6.  RE: Multiple VSE issue

Posted Aug 31, 2020 02:18 PM
    Hi Saurabh,

If Windows setup then you can execute the .exe files in lisa_home bin folder (or check in services.msc if its running as a service). For Linux/unix, execute the .sh files associated with virtual service environment.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 7.  RE: Multiple VSE issue

Posted Jun 03, 2020 09:21 PM
    Hi Harish,

Do try the path without space in vmoption file.

For troubleshooting, instead of running services.msc based service, try executing the virtualServiceEnvironment2.exe from cmd and observe for any errors/success. Once, started successfully you can stop the cmd and run the associated service from services.msc

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 8.  RE: Multiple VSE issue

Posted Jun 03, 2020 09:49 PM
    Thanks Vaibhav.