Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  TIBCO ESB : Virtualization of application

Posted Mar 17, 2020 07:17 AM
    Hi All,
    In working with the potential customer for service virtualization effort , we are told that most of the applications use TIBCO ESB. My understanding of ESB is:
    1 - it is a integration platform and connects / combines web services , messaging etc from different heterogenous applications.
    2 - Each of these applications may in turn have different transport protocols - like HTTP/S ,  SOAP etc.
    3 - Based on the use case , each of these individual components can be taken and virtualized. 

In this regard:
    1 Could you please let me know if there is a standard protocol that TIBCO ESB has and can they be virtualized. 
    2 If yes, could someone point on some information on how / where can I find more information regarding the same.
    3 Given the fact that the customer says that TIBCO ESB is used, are there a set of questions that can be asked to the customer so that the actual protocol being used can be determined.

All the inputs in this regard will be greatly appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: TIBCO ESB : Virtualization of application
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2020 07:57 AM
    Hi Anil
                To my knowledge, Tibco ESB uses JMS and using SV you can easily work with TIBCO JMS queues and topics to virtualize the backend system that consumes these messages. If you have done JMS virtualization using SV, TIBCO works the same way.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 3.  RE: TIBCO ESB : Virtualization of application

Posted Mar 19, 2020 01:38 AM
    Hi Anil,

Based on my experience of virtualizing systems around ESB​, following are few points:
    1. Transport Protocols may vary based on layer of virtualization (i.e. Post ESB or prior to ESB)
    2. In Prior to ESB calls in most of the cases it is JMS and sometimes HTTP based calls as well.
    3. Post ESB calls can have different flavors like JMS, HTTP and TCP etc. 

I would suggest try to gather information about the individual service calls to ESB and proceed further.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------