Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 21, 2020 11:54 AM
    Hi Community, 

I`m traying to create a test Case using Test Recorder with external browser but after my interaction with the web application the recorder don´t have steps recorded.

I`m using DevTest 10.6 an i want to know if this is any issue or i´m missing something to configure.

Regards

Julio C. Ramos

------------------------------
    Julio C. Ramos
    DevOps
    IT Business Solutions DEF
    Caracas

• 2.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 21, 2020 12:13 PM
    Hi Ramos,

In your url, try using IP instead of hostname. I have observed that sometimes using hostname in url work.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 21, 2020 02:56 PM
    Hi Vaibhav, thanks a lot for you responding my post.

I´m  getting an application response in the external browser and a can interact with the interface but then in the model there is not steps for my case.

Recently i can see in the in the System messages log in the Workstation the next message:
    "INFO - Skipping step webpage because isn´t a web step".

Now i have a doubt, there is any trouble or issue when recording web apps that use lastest web technologies for develop?

Regards,

Julio C. Ramos

Julio C. Ramos
    DevOps
    Caracas

• 4.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 21, 2020 03:53 PM
    Hi Ramos,

As per my understanding, recorder in Application Test ( HTTP proxy) will only record transactions between a web browser and a server.

If there is any rich UI frameworks involved in the web application, you may not be able to record and play back since the HTTP Proxy Recorder is not a browser simulator.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 5.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 21, 2020 04:04 PM
    Hi Vaibhav, this means that when use the external Browser is not posible to record some WebApps?

The case is that when i use the DevTest Recorder with it own recorder browser there is getting several js error.

This could be for some incompatibilities features in the WebApp components with the DevTest Recorder?

Julio C. Ramos

Julio C. Ramos
    DevOps
    Caracas

• 6.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 21, 2020 04:12 PM
    Hi Ramos, 

As per my understanding, PFB my responses:

--> this means that when use the external Browser is not posible to record some WebApps?
    Vaibhav: Yes, we can say not all webapps could be recorded using this feature

-->The case is that when i use the DevTest Recorder with it own recorder browser there is getting several js error. This could be for some incompatibilities features in the WebApp components with the DevTest Recorder?
    Vaibhav: It is difficult to conclude/confirm on behavior until as i have not seen the exact usecase & app configuration. But yes there could be scenarios where recording using this feature doesn't work completely.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 7.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 22, 2020 11:19 AM
    Hello Vaibhav, thank you very much for your clearing this doubt, now i am trying to get more details about the webApps i need to test.

I would like to know if you have found some information about the kind of apps we realy can record for test cases using devtest, this for GUI Funtional testing.

I guess, at least that we can conclude that this kind of testing is not totally supported by DevTest Application Testing and we can opt for others solutions like BlazeMeter.

Julio C. Ramos
    DevOps
    Caracas

• 8.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 23, 2020 01:14 AM
    Hi Ramos,

Based on my experience, Unfortunately, there was no straightforward conclusion in scoping for this functionality (as its mostly dependent on multiple factors like applications design & tech stack etc.). What we observed where ever you have a web browser and a server, it mostly works (less js dependencies)

As an alternate, either you can use the selenium scripts and integrate them in CA DevTest later or go for an fully UI automation supported tool like blazemeter.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
    Vaibhav J

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 9.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 23, 2020 01:47 PM
    Hi Vaibhav, yes this helpme to be clear with the options we can get whit DevTest for Application Testing.

I´m traying ti use Selenium IDE for recording and import to DevTest Case but i can´t see the case can be exporte like JSON.

Julio C. Ramos
    DevOps
    Caracas

• 10.  RE: AppTest Recorder External Browser

Posted Sep 24, 2020 01:08 AM
    Hi Julio,

As per10.6 version, browser support for recording  Selenium Integration tests is for Mozilla Firefox 42 to 47. 
    DevTest uses Selenium Library 2.53.0, which might not be fully compatible with the latest driver. You have to use a driver version that is compatible with Selenium API 2.53.0.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini