Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Adding/Importing tests to DevTest portal

Posted Sep 23, 2019 01:35 AM

Hello Everyone,
    I am looking at providing the ability for some members of my team to run sanity tests by the click of a button from the DevTest portal. The easiest way I believe would be through the DevTest portal. However, I am having challenges in making the tests appear on the portal. Tried running a simulator using the command "Simulator -n simulator1 -m <registry>". Staged the test, but I still could not see it in the below screen. Can anyone please throw some light on the below can be achieved? i.e. am looking for a way to import my test in the 'Tests' section which any logged in user would be able to 'Run'.

Thanks and Regards.
    Prashanth

Screenshot of DevTest Portal

• 2.  RE: Adding/Importing tests to DevTest portal

Posted Sep 24, 2019 01:44 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Prashnath,

The test cases listed on the portal are dependent on the selected Current Project Option on Top Left bar of the portal(you can also add projects in the list by clicking on the icon left to refresh- as depicted in screenshot). Any test case created in that folder will get listed after a manual/automatic refresh.

For getting the test case listed, there is no dependeny on simulator or co-ordinator (it is required for staging and execution).

Also, you can have the Test Runner commands configured in a bat file as well for one-touch execution for specific test cases or opt for CVS.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: Adding/Importing tests to DevTest portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2019 06:36 AM
    By default, the Portal's Manage section will list all of the VS and Tests that are located in the Projects folder of the Registry/Portal box. So for your tests to appear in the portal they should be in one of the subfolders of the Projects colder. Give that a try and let us know.

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company

• 4.  RE: Adding/Importing tests to DevTest portal

Posted Sep 27, 2019 02:21 AM
    Thank you Vaibhav and Koustubh for your responses. I am now able to see the test files, however all test files in the project folder are getting listed (including those I have defined to call as sub-processes). I might have to rename the intended test file which will be used to trigger and ask the users to use filters to list only the relevant files.