Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

• 1.  Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 27, 2020 10:42 PM
    I use version DevTest 10.4.0.366 . I have series of SQL database execution (JDBC) tests in my CA LISA devTest project suite which are using for ETL testing project . Now in DevTest 10.1 version I had a filter to export the query result output from the JDBC tests in excel format . But I do not have this filter option to export the entire resultset (for example 50 records returned from an SQL query) in excel format in current 10.4 version .

Please suggest the way forward as this is a basic feature of the tool missing in the current version and has become  showstopper for my ETL testing project & using this tool in my project. 

• 2.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 02:37 AM
    Hi Supriya,

You can take the output of query in XML and parse it accordingly.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 03:21 AM
    Hi ,

Thanks for the information Vaibhav.

But is there anyone who could help me with the 'savetoExcelFile.jar' complied for DevTest 10.4 version . Because there are approximately 500 complex tests returning huge dataset in case of test case failures and parsing all of these xml outputs would lead to additional performance impact from running the automation suite.

• 4.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 03:30 AM

Classification: HCL Internal

Hi,

Sounds to me you have a customization added to your 10.4 environment.

Have you deployed that customize jar to your 10.6 environment? Where did you deploy it? HotDeploy? And if so, and it doesn't work anymore, can you find any stack traces in the log files? There might be a dependency of that customized jar file onto another jar file (often an opensource library), you might need to look in your 10.4 where that jar file was deployed (HotDeploy?) if there are not additional jar files to bring over to your 10. Environment.

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 5.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 03:55 AM
    Hi Danny , yes you are correct the JAR has been deployed in HotDeploy folder . Please note I am currently using DevTest 10.4 and my previous version was DevTest 10.1. Now this ​ 'savetoExcelFile.jar' is from the DevTest 10.1 version and I remember this is the olny jar file I got from this community last time I configure 10.1 version hot deploy folder and used to work fine . Hence I had copied only this jar to move from 10.1 hot deploy folder to 10.4 version hot deploy folder . Also I have defined this jar in the typemap.properties file filters section, following the same approch done in 10.1 version. 

Please sugget . Also please help me from where and how to check the log file as I am not much expert with this DevTest tool. 

• 6.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 04:18 AM
    Hi Supriyo,

If it used old references, we might have to rebuild the jar using new references.
    Please share the jar, will try to replicate the same for 10.5.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 7.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 06:42 AM
      |   view attached
    Thanks a lot Vaibhav for the help. Please find the Jar attached.​ Will rebuilding for 10.5 work for 10.4 as well ?

Attachment(s)

zip
    savetoExcelFilter.zip   4 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 06:48 AM
    Hi Supriyo,

As per my understanding, i don't think this will need a rebuild as i was able to test (i had a jar with me) on 10.5 sucessfully.

Can you highlight the exact issue you are getting with your jar.

P.S: I have not tested the jar you shared as of now

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 9.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 07:05 AM
    Hi Vaibhav,

The devtest registry is down currently. I am expecting a fix by an hour or two . Will surely share screenshot of the same once it is up. Meanwhile could you please share your jar with me so that I can test once its up. Thanks..

• 10.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 07:20 AM
    Hi Supriyo,

Share error details once you have available components, as i was able to execute the same filter using your jar as well in 10.5

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 11.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 08:53 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Vaibhav,

​Please find attached the screenshot from DevTest where there are no Filters present for Excel export . Also attached the screenshot of the Folder HotDeploy & typemap.properties file. Please let me know if anything else required. Pls guide me through this issue :)

Attachment(s)

• 12.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 09:02 AM
    Hi Supriyo,

Are you having all components on single machine i.e. registry, vse, workstation etc?

If all are in different, then you have to copy the jar (& update typemap.properties) in both machine, where devtest server is running and where workstation resides. Also, restart all components once configuration is done.

Also, the filter will come under custom not under DB:

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 13.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 12:33 PM
    Hi Vaibhav,

Yes the workstation & DevTest registry Server ​are on different machines. I have raised a service ticket with the Client team to get the jar copied & typemap.properties file updated on the DevTest server side too. Once ticket gets resolved will let you know if this solves the problem .. Anyway thanks a lot for your expert advice …. :)

• 14.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Sep 28, 2020 03:06 PM
    Thanks for the update.

It should work post configuration changes at server side.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 15.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Oct 10, 2020 11:32 AM
    @Vaibhav Jain : That was a perfect resolution provided. Support team got the jar deployed in Hotdeploy directory of Devtest ​​Server. Now the filter is enabled in my workstation. Thanks a lot … This issue had become a showstopper for our automation. :)

• 16.  RE: Unable to export the entire responce for SQL database execution (JDBC) test

Posted Oct 11, 2020 05:15 PM
    Edited by Vaibhav Jain Oct 11, 2020 05:15 PM
    Great, glad to hear. 

Thanks for the update

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini