Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Understanding Virtual HTTP/S Listener Step

Posted Feb 04, 2020 04:15 AM
    HI All,

We use HTTP/S Listener steps for our Virtual services. My understanding on this step is, this step wait for the incoming requests and once they hit  the VS, it'll consume and process based on the no.of threads available ( i.e. Capacity Value) and doesn't contain any queue mechanism.

Please clarify me on the below points.

1. Will this step contains any queue?. (Like accepts all the requests and stored in a queue and process them one by one ?)
    2. If yes, where can i see the queue details ?

• 2.  RE: Understanding Virtual HTTP/S Listener Step

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2020 07:24 AM
    HI Surya
             The queue is internal to the implementation and is not exposed outside. Please let me kniow the question behind the question,

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 3.  RE: Understanding Virtual HTTP/S Listener Step

Posted Feb 04, 2020 08:11 AM
    Hi Sankar,

During the load tests, we noticed that for some of the requests the request time is different between the SUT and Virtual Service.

For example, 

• SUT triggered the request at 10:00:00 but it has reached to the Virtual Service on 10:00:40. 
    • SUT will wait for 20 seconds to receive the response from the VS. Since the request has reached to the VS lately, even though the VS responds quickly (<1 sec ), we noticed the timeout error in SUT. 
    Request Time in SUT:    10:00:00
    Request Time in VS  :    10:00:40
    Response Time in SUT:  Not logged due to the response didn't received with in the response wait time
    Response Time in VS  : 10:00:40

So please clarify me, from the VS side is there any queue/ why is the delay for further analysis ?

Note:- During the load tests, this issue is happening only for few of the requests.

• 4.  RE: Understanding Virtual HTTP/S Listener Step
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2020 08:32 AM
    Hi Surya
              Ok got it. I am suspecting if the VS has missed those few requests. Could you please check the report 'Transaction Hits and Misses' under VSE Metrics section in portal reporting tab.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 5.  RE: Understanding Virtual HTTP/S Listener Step

Posted Feb 04, 2020 08:58 AM
    Hi Sankar,

No. VS didn't missed those requests because I can see the request and response details logged successfully on our DB. I'm surprised on the delay part.