Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  GraphQL Request

Posted Mar 25, 2019 10:10 AM

Hi,

We need to record and virtualize a GraphQL Request, but SV don't have 
    compatibility with GraphQL. 

Someone has already been able to record a request on the SV with GraphQL?

Someone can help?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: GraphQL Request

Posted Mar 25, 2019 10:18 AM

Hi,

I'm also looking for a solution to use Graphql in SV if someone can help us.

Thanks

• 3.  Re: GraphQL Request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2019 06:55 AM

I have no experience with this but what specific issues are you running into?

As a GraphQL server is most often an http REST API with a JSON payload I would expect that the REST DPH and the JSON DPH already get you going?

Cheers,

Danny

• 4.  Re: GraphQL Request

Posted Mar 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Hi Danny,

We are having difficulties in performing the parse of GraphQL, we have to separate the atributtes and the values of a request.

Thanks

• 5.  Re: GraphQL Request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2019 12:51 PM

Is the request-side JSON DPH giving errors?

Can you post a few GraphQL request and response pairs that are giving you problems?

Cheers,

Danny

• 6.  Re: GraphQL Request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2019 10:46 AM

Re. ... we have to separate the atributtes and the values of a request. ... , are you referring to what GraphQL org calls the "Passing of the variables in the separate, transport-specific (usually JSON) variables dictionary"?

I scratched the surface of a GraphQL request a bit: in my initial response suggesting the JSON DPH I was not hindered at all by my GraphQL ignorance, but now I have to admit there is probably extensive additional parsing logic needed to process a GraphQL request structure.

Koustubh.Warty, is there anything in the plans for a GraphQL DPH?