Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to avoid Exclusive Access to MQ Queue

Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:01 AM

Hi All,

We have deployed MQ Virtual Service in VSE for one of our project. But though the service have been build up correctly, it often gets error out with error - Queue in Use.

The MQ team has revert us back with - You are trying to access queue's exclusively. This creates a problem. How to avoid access to queue exclusively in LISA. Do we need to change anything while creating a MQ Virtual service. And where it needs to be changed.

Kevin.Bowman Rick.Brown DevTest Community

• 2.  Re: How to avoid Exclusive Access to MQ Queue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:09 AM

When you created your queue definition, what did you select for "Open Options"?

Make sure you don't select "Input Exclusive" if you want to share the queue. Or, use proxy queues.

• 3.  Re: How to avoid Exclusive Access to MQ Queue

Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:20 AM

Is there way to check this once Virtual service is created. Where i will find this option once the VS is created.

• 4.  Re: How to avoid Exclusive Access to MQ Queue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:29 AM

In the listen & respond steps. Click the "edit selected asset" next to the "Get Queue" / "Put Queue" name, and you get to the same config assets.

• 5.  Re: How to avoid Exclusive Access to MQ Queue

Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi Rick,

I have used IBM MQ (Deprecated) protocol. So we won't see Listen and Response step. I have not created any asset in config file. Just mentioned Queue details Live Request Queue and Live Response Queue at time of creation of VS. Is there a way to check for Input options for this?

• 6.  Re: How to avoid Exclusive Access to MQ Queue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 08:00 AM

I'm not sure, as I haven't used the deprecated steps since they were deprecated a few years ago. I seem to recall that some of the MQ information was in the VSM steps, and some was in the response metadata of the VSI, but I don't know what they used to be called or how they used to be configured. Is there a reason you can't use the current MQ facilities?