Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Manage ACL without CAI Power

Posted Jul 04, 2018 09:41 AM

Hi,

I just finished enabling LDAP in Devtest 10.1. The mapping file allows me to define a role for each user that connects to the portal. But once created, I do not seem to be able to modify the role of a user without having the "CAI Power" role. Unfortunately, our license does not allow the use of this role (we are limited to SV Power).

How can I manage the ACL without using the CAI Power role ?

Thanks you !

• 2.  Re: Manage ACL without CAI Power

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 11:09 PM

Hello Buri,

I tried to reproduce the behavior about the user which applied "CAI Power" role in my environments which are enabled and disabled LDAP in DevTest 10.1.
    However, the user who has only "CAI Power" role cannot modify the role of a user.
    And by default, the CAI power role does not have the "User and Role Administration" permission like the screenshot below:

Could you please explain a little bit more detail? And if my way of reproduce was the wrong approach then please correct me.

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Manage ACL without CAI Power

Posted Jul 05, 2018 04:24 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer ! Let me reformulate.
    I mentioned the role CAI Power by mistake. We were able to manage the ACL using the "Super Admin" role, which was given when the LDAP mapping was created.
    But the Super Admin role consumes a CAI license, which we don't own, thus we can not continue to use it to manage the ACL. My question was about managing it without this account/role.
    Someone from CA got in touch with us for another subject, and we asked him about it : he recommended to open a case, which we will.

Thank you again for your time

Théo Buri

• 4.  Re: Manage ACL without CAI Power
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2018 06:32 AM

The Super User role contains the SV Power user type as well as the CAI power user. If you only own the SV Power license and not the CAI power user license, it should still be ok. You should not be out of compliance for using the Super User role because of the way that role type works. 

You can always quote my name on this if there are any issues provided that you are not using CAI explicitly but just the Super User functionality. 

Hope this helps!

- Koustubh