Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Mac Wireless VSE Deploy

Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:03 AM

HI all,

DevTest 10.1 -we have an interesting scenario where we have users with Macs.   When they are at the office and hard wired they can deploy their services as normal to the VSE.   When they are connected via intranet wifi, the VSE's are disabled and they can not deploy to the VSE.  I don't see this issue on PC's so I'm wondering if anyone has run into this before.

Thanks!

Gary Jones

• 2.  Re: Mac Wireless VSE Deploy

Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:26 AM

To add a little more information, it does look like they have the option to deploy the service.  They are receiving an error- java.rmi.RemoteException: JMS Message Problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://{server}/2013 VSE could not connect to broker URL.  tcp://{server}:2018?wireFormat.maxinactivityDuration=0, Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException.    

I'm wondering if this could be something network related where maybe wireless connection through the intranet is blocked for some reason. 

• 3.  Re: Mac Wireless VSE Deploy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 01:23 PM

Can the Mac users ping the IP of the VSE server when they are connected via intranet wifi?

If so - can they connect via telnet to VSEServerIP: 2013?

• 4.  Re: Mac Wireless VSE Deploy

Posted Mar 28, 2018 06:10 PM

Looks like an error there- 

Telnet xxxxxxxxxx 2013

Trying ***.***.***..

Connected to .ent.xxxx.xxxx.corp.

Escape character is '^]'.

ActiveMQTcpNoDelayEnabledSizePrefixDisabled             CacheSizeStackTraceEnabled

CacheEnabledTightEncodingEnabledMaxInactivityDurationu0 MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay'Connection closed by foreign host.

* IP's and server redacted due to security concerns

• 5.  Re: Mac Wireless VSE Deploy
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 06:18 PM

The connection is working fine.

I suspect the issue is the hostname of vseServer - mentioned as {server} in your comment above - cannot be resolved when connected via Mac over intranet wifi.

I can think of two ways to resolve this. Either

1. Add an entry in your /etc/hosts file

xxxxxxxxxx   {server}  

where xxxxxxxxxx is the IP & {server} is the hostname from your comment above

Or

2. Configure the VSE service to be named as tcp://xxxxxxxxxx:2013/VSEName & restart the VSE process