Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  CA version 10.2.4 devtest got 503

Posted Aug 08, 2018 12:34 AM

Hello Team,

I have just got CA installed on my machine and was getting started on it by verifying the devtest installation. I followed the steps of starting the components steps as mentioned on Verifying the DevTest Installation - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation  (start order sequence). But when i open http://localhost:1507/devtest i get 503  Service Unavailable.

I checked the logs folder C:\Users\.............\lisatmp_10.2.4 portal.log, I see lots of exceptions while starting the portal.exe. 

2018-08-08 04:13:01,512Z (09:43) [main] ERROR org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication - Application startup failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'grailsApplicationPostProcessor' defined in phoenix.Application: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [grails.boot.config.GrailsApplicationPostProcessor]: Factory method 'grailsApplicationPostProcessor' threw exception; nested exception is org.grails.core.exceptions.GrailsRuntimeException: Failed to introspect class: class com.ca.sv.ui.service.SearchService
     at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:599)
     at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1123)

Please give me a clue what went wrong as for other associates the devtest is starting like a charm

Thanks in Advance

Bhakti Pradhan

• 2.  Re: CA version 10.2.4 devtest got 503

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 09:27 AM

Do you have any custom jars in hotDeploy?  If so, what are they?

Can you screenshot the browser that show the 503 error?

• 3.  Re: CA version 10.2.4 devtest got 503

Posted Aug 09, 2018 12:39 AM

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for the hint, The C:\Program Files\CASV\webserver\phoenix\phoenix-10.2.4\WEB-INF\lib folder had couple of jars missing I got the software reinstalled, And it works now.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: CA version 10.2.4 devtest got 503
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2018 02:14 PM

Hello Bhakti,

Could you attach the portal.log file?

Additionally, is your Registry running with no issues?

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: CA version 10.2.4 devtest got 503

Posted Aug 09, 2018 12:40 AM

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the portal.log pointed some files/jars missing at C:\Program Files\CASV\webserver\phoenix\phoenix-10.2.4\WEB-INF\lib . I got the software reinstalled, And it works now.

Thanks 

• 6.  Re: CA version 10.2.4 devtest got 503

Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:53 AM

Good to hear, Bhakti.

Heloisa