Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Posted Aug 14, 2017 05:55 PM

Whenever I am trying to Launch DevTest Work station from the Programs 

I am getting an error prompt saying "Couldn't load main class" 

Nothing happens after I click on OK and the Works station doesn't load 

How to fix this issue ?

Thanks 

Raja 

• 2.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:15 AM

Were you able to launch Workstation before, or are you trying to start Workstation for the first time?

• 3.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:37 AM

yes I was able to launch work station before and it was working fine . 

• 4.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:33 AM

Is this a clean machine you are running this version of DevTest on?  Do you have any system environment variables set where earlier versions of DevTest may be referenced?

• 5.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:38 AM

yes its a clean machine and Dev Test was working fine till friday . 

Looks like the installation got corrupted . 

• 6.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:41 AM

To be on the safe side, please do an uninstall then install again, do it to a clean folder, and see if this helps resolve the issue.

• 7.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:41 AM

Thanks MarcyNunns looks like that's the only option left now :-) 

• 8.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 12:19 PM

What is your OS? was there an update that ran over the weekend?

Is there a workstation.log file generated? Please check/share your environment variables

• 9.  Re: I am getting an error saying "Couldn't load main class" when I am launching the Workstation. How to fix this ?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 12:31 PM

Windows 7 Enterprise .. its  a virtual desk top 

no update has ran over the weekend, I was not able to connect to the registry for a long time so I had to end up the connection by killing it from task manger twices 

The workstation.log and registry options are missing right now so going for a reinstallation