Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Data set - Loading from a file in devtest 8.2 and XML Data set

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Data set - Loading from a file in devtest 8.2 and XML Data set

Posted 11-23-2017 07:30 AM

Devtest 8.2 - Load a Set of File Names Data Set - Can you please explain this data set use with an example ?

XML Data set - Please give some example of how to use this 

Not clear from the below link :

Load a Set of File Names Data Set - DevTest Solutions - 8.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 2.  Re: Data set - Loading from a file in devtest 8.2 and XML Data set

Posted 02-27-2018 04:31 AM

Hi Monika,

I have wsdl url.

I need to send a request from devtest to other component so if i using this xml data set in my testcase then which step should I use to create my testcase? Is it webservice or rest service step? 

• 3.  Re: Data set - Loading from a file in devtest 8.2 and XML Data set
    Best Answer

Posted 11-28-2017 05:37 PM

This Dataset is typically used in the scenario where you are using the files in a directory as an input of the test case for e.g. Sending a file to application that will consume the file and process it and generate response. In that scenario, you might have different files for different test cases. 

It will pick input file from the directory on the basis of File Pattern and will run your Test Step/Case for all the files in directory matching the pattern as shown below:

• 4.  Re: Data set - Loading from a file in devtest 8.2 and XML Data set

Posted 11-30-2017 07:24 AM

Thanks Monika for detailed explanation with syntax. Can you please update with an example for XML Data Set as well.