Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  DevTest Silent Install Question

Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:55 PM

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible with the silent install and varfile to only install the VSE on linux? We would then point that VSE to a registry that is running on another machine.   Also is there a page with every silent install option?  

Thanks!

Gary

• 2.  Re: DevTest Silent Install Question
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2018 07:12 AM

My understanding is that any DevTest Server installation will place all product files (e.g. Registry, VSE, Simulator, etc) on the target system. After installation is complete, you get to specify which components are actually configured and started.

The only page I see in the docs that describes Silent Install is at (for 10.3):

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-3/en/installing/installing-devtest-solutions-with-a-silent-instal

Are there any additional details you'd like to see in the documentation (or Install and Configure Course) related to Silent install?

• 3.  Re: DevTest Silent Install Question

Posted Apr 11, 2018 04:59 PM

I'd like to see a section in configuration for SSL.  I think that would be helpful.   As far as the silent install maybe a little more information on the setting options and what they do. Otherwise I was able to do the silent install with no Dashboard and will then specify just starting up the VSE.  Thanks!