Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to connect to dev test work station and Timed out trying to connect to registry

Posted Mar 23, 2018 11:39 AM

Hi ,

Recently Dev test workstation license was renewed.My Dev Test work station was installed on Server and one client.

After renewal of License,Workstation is opening on server with Admin Access(which is not possible every time) only.If we logged in as a normal user we can not access the workstation and its giving me the error.But i can access the dev test portal through URL.

Error connecting to the Dev Test Registry.Error message: Timed out trying to test registry            tcp://hostname: 2010/Registry

Stack Trace::

java.rmi.RemoteException: Timed out trying to connect to test registry tcp://hostname:2010/Registry
        at com.itko.lisa.test.Environment.bootUpTestRegistry(Environment.java:2595)
        at com.itko.lisa.test.Environment.setTestRegistry(Environment.java:2574)
        at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestAdmin.startRegistry(TestAdmin.java:577)
        at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestAdmin.access$000(TestAdmin.java:83)
        at com.itko.lisa.gui.TestAdmin$1.doCallback(TestAdmin.java:228)
        at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Where as in Client machine i can see empty icons(like short cut symbols) in the place of workstation symbols and its not even working.

Please some one guide me on this.

Thanks,

Arun

• 2.  Re: Unable to connect to dev test work station and Timed out trying to connect to registry

Posted Mar 23, 2018 11:42 AM

Hi,

I am moving your question into the DevTest Community.

• 3.  Re: Unable to connect to dev test work station and Timed out trying to connect to registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Arun,

Is your Workstation connecting to a local or remote Registry?

Is this limited to one Workstation or all?

Can you ping the Registry from your Workstation?  What is the RTT that comes back?

You said you just got a license renewal, did you restart all of your DevTest components after installing the new license?

~Marcy

• 4.  Re: Unable to connect to dev test work station and Timed out trying to connect to registry

Posted Mar 23, 2018 01:29 PM

The work station is connecting to local registry when opened in admin mode.

Previously workstation worked with server and client.I did restart the Dev Test components after renewal.

I just tried opening the workstation with ip address.When i logged into workstation it pop up with error message and closed immediately with in a blink of time.

Database Error:

Java.lang.NullPointerException

if you continue,data will not be saved to the database.Do you want to continue?

-->But before selecting the option the entire workstation has closed.