Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Access issue when running tests via CVS

Posted Dec 23, 2016 01:18 PM

I'm trying to set a test as a monitor in CVS. All my services are running locally. My test runs successfully in ITR as well as when I do a "Stage a Quick Test". But when I do "Stage Test" or "Deploy as monitor to CVS", I get error. 

Scenario: I'm trying to create a file using the script. 

Expected Behavior: File is created in the path specified.

Actual Behavior: (Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer)

• 2.  Re: Access issue when running tests via CVS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2016 12:56 AM

Are you doing this as the 'Administrator' user on Windows? If not, try doing that and check if the behavior changes....

• 3.  Re: Access issue when running tests via CVS

Posted Dec 28, 2016 01:41 AM

Yes. I'm. 

• 4.  Re: Access issue when running tests via CVS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2016 02:03 PM

When doing a stage, is the Coordinator local or remote?

• 5.  Re: Access issue when running tests via CVS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2017 10:40 PM

Error you are getting is more related to windows permission issue. Please go through below link for more details on this error:

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon - Microsoft Community 

Looks like you have permission issues with user-id you are using. Please try by adding your user-id to Administration  group and redeploy the test to CSV monitor.

Thanks

Srikanth

• 6.  Re: Access issue when running tests via CVS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 03:41 AM

Yes the error message is a Windows permissions error message.

If the DevTest Simulator is running as a Windows Service, then typically, by default, the user that runs this service is 'Local System'. 

It is possible to run the service as a specific user. 

Are you creating a file somewhere in 'Program Files'. To update this folder you usually need additional privileges.

Perhaps try with a simple path first that has read and write permission for everyone.

Regards,

John

• 7.  Re: Access issue when running tests via CVS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 04:23 PM

Bibin,

As per the support case you opened, we were able to resolve this issue:

Diagnostics:
    1. Script cannot write file when staging to Coordinator
    2. Test runs fine when staged locally
    3. Receiving ‘FileNotFoundException’ error
    4. Gave full permissions to all users in the project home
    5. The Services are started with Local System and this does not have access to write on the local computer.
    6. If you start the Servers instead of the services and stage this works with no errors, since the Servers are started with your userid.

Resolution:
    Running in ITR or Quick Stage, you can reference LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT, but if you intend to do a Stage to a remote Coordinator you will need to set to property named location defined in project.config.

If you need to run your DevTest components as Services on this machine, based on your testing, you will need to change the Log on AS to a user that can write to the local machine.