Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Performance Issue

Posted Jan 12, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi ,

I have created 100 test cases in Devtest and run all 100 test case under a suite. It took around 13 mins to execute all 100 testcase. The same set of testcases took less than 2 mins in RIT (Rational Integration Tester ) tool.

Is there any way to increase performace in Devtest?

I have only these 3 steps in all my testcases.

DevTest Screenshot:

RIT Screenshot:

Could you please let me to resolve this performance issue. Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Performance Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2018 10:08 AM

Please open each of the above 3 steps in Workstation. Look at the Step Information panel. What does each step's Think Time spec contain. I would expect to see:

The Think Time usually defaults to 500 millis to 1 second. This default is an attempt to compensate for 'user' think time. The step injects an arbitrary wait that ranges between 1/2 and 1 second prior to execution. In your example, the Think Time is not needed, so ensure each step indicates that to DevTest.

If you have set each step to the above Think Time (e.g., 0 millis, 0 seconds), please open a ticket with CA Support so they can assist further.

NOTE: You might consider whether or not you can add the input Soap request and expected result in a CSV file and drive the test from a dataset. If each of the 100 test cases can execute in parallel, doing so gives one the ability to use Simulators to execute the suite in parallel vs serially.