Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Can we develop or implement NFV(Network Functions Virtualization) using Devtest?

Posted Aug 07, 2017 10:30 AM

Our team is looking to find ways create or implement NVF.Brief history about NFV is mentioned below.Any clue will also be helpful

Network functions virtualization (NFV) (also known as virtual network function (VNF)) offers a new way to design, deploy and manage networking services. NFV decouples the network functions, such as network address translation (NAT), firewalling, intrusion detection, domain name service (DNS), and caching, to name a few, from proprietary hardware appliances so they can run in software.

It’s designed to consolidate and deliver the networking components needed to support a fully virtualized infrastructure – including virtual servers, storage, and even other networks. It utilizes standard IT virtualization technologies that run on high-volume service, switch and storage hardware to virtualize network functions. It is applicable to any data plane processing or control plane function in both wired and wireless network infrastructures.

• 2.  Re: Can we develop or implement NFV(Network Functions Virtualization) using Devtest?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2017 10:33 AM

Short answer...  I do not know. Perhaps, a discussion with your CA Account team would help in identifying how CA can assist.

CA has numerous DevTest installations running in Virtual IP (VIP) and load balanced infrastructures, although DT is not virtualizing the infrastructure. Generally, DevTest is used to virtualize an endpoint interface (i.e., stand-in for an application) communicating via a supported transport protocol (HTTP, TCP, Messaging based, etc.).  Providing support for the various network transports (TCP, UDP, etc.), NAT'ing, IDS, firewall, etc. features sounds like it would require some significant customization.

• 3.  Re: Can we develop or implement NFV(Network Functions Virtualization) using Devtest?

Posted Sep 06, 2017 03:17 PM

Thanks Joel.I will get back to you once I find something substantial to work on