Need information on few questions regarding Micro Services testing through DevTest. Need your help to get required information.
1) Is testing micro-services different than regular web services in DevTest? I believe it should be same as it's still a API.
2) Whenever Micro-Services are mentioned in CA blogs concept of Dockers and containers come. Do we really require to test micro services?
3) Which version of DevTest supports testing of micro services?
4) Any useful document or link if someone can provide for testing micro services through CA DevTest ?
To answer each question in turn
1.Testing microservices is no different to testing any other service - the term microservice reflects the way that a service is implemented, not the way that it is used.
2. This is relevant to the microservice implementation, and DevTest does not require to be run in this way.
3. Since a microservice is simply a service from the DevTest perspective, any supported version
4. There is no special requirement from the DevTest perspective, so no specific documentation would be necessary. Any documentation that is specific to the services being tested would need to come from the owner of the services.
In short, the differences will be in how the service is implemented rather than how it is tested.
I hope this helps