Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  We have an urgent requirement to import scripts developed in LISA v6.5 into LISA v7.5, suggest solution.

Posted Apr 03, 2017 08:18 AM

We have an urgent requirement to import scripts developed in LISA v6.5 into LISA v7.5, suggest solution ASAP. Due to a major change from v6.5 to v7.5, getting error while trying to open the project developed in v7.5  The registry used while developing scripts is also not available. 

• 2.  Re: We have an urgent requirement to import scripts developed in LISA v6.5 into LISA v7.5, suggest solution.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 09:18 AM

Hello,

I believe this question is related to the DevTest product line so I am moving the question/discussion to the DevTest Community. This community is for CA Server Automation and its integration points.

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: We have an urgent requirement to import scripts developed in LISA v6.5 into LISA v7.5, suggest solution.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 09:23 AM

DevTest 7.5 is end of life as well.  I would go to a supported release, but more importantly migrating from such an old release I would engage CA Professional Services to help you.

• 4.  Re: We have an urgent requirement to import scripts developed in LISA v6.5 into LISA v7.5, suggest solution.

Posted May 04, 2017 02:07 AM

Hi, any update on above?

It's urgent

• 5.  Re: We have an urgent requirement to import scripts developed in LISA v6.5 into LISA v7.5, suggest solution.

Posted May 04, 2017 02:51 AM

First of all I agree with Marcy and would recommend to go with latest version of Devtest . Now product completely change.  But I understand this may not in your control so giving my input for migration as below.  

Refer any migration document (from any old version to new version) , this as check list what

all task you need to perform.

Before doing anything make sure you take a backup of your project and LISA server.

Some of major task you will need to work and address as below.

1. Move all your external library, jar, exe etc. to move version of devtest in respective folder. Incase folder not exit create them as needed.
    2. You will need to find what features not exit and what new features there in place of old one.. You can find this in product release note.
    3. You will need to make a list what all major features (types of filters, assertion, steps etc. ) used. Do the mapping between old and new version.
    4. Configuring external SQL Server DB to be used with LISA
    5. You may need to find some old JAR and exe may not exist in new version. So copy them from old over if you need them.

The easiest way to migrate/move projects in new versions as below.

1-Approach - Since version you using quite old so you would recommend to go with this approach

1. Create project in new version of devtest
    2. Copy all resources (test cases, mar, tst, mari, vsi, vsm, etc ) from old version project to new versions.
    3. Resolve mapping or naming issue.
    4. Run them in ITR and resolve issues (if any) one by one.
    5. Finally you will able to run the test!

2-Approach- you can try to directly open to new version however since project developed version is very old , so they may not work directly.

Goodluck !

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Rajesh k Singh

P.S. you can reach me in person via email for any additional help.