Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to stage/run the MQ test of 10K messages

Posted Jul 19, 2016 05:37 PM

Below is my scenerio and I am unable to run the test completely.

Number Tests: 1

Step1 : Read file from path having Filter Load File names

Step 2: IBM MQ step

Data folder contains 10k/10000 xml message and each file of 249 kB

LISA machine 1  details:

4GB RAM

For LISA heap size 512 mb

LISA machine 2  details:

8GB RAM

LISA heap size 2048  mb

Test executed in machine 1 by following ways:

1.Created staging doc and tried staging from Machine 1 ---------  error out of heap memory and CPU usage 100%

2.Test run using Iteration------Test got run for 56 iterations and again this also went to out of heap and CPU usage 100%

3.Tried depolying to cvs monitor ------------- error out of memory and CPU usage 100%

Test Executed in Machine 2 using staging response as follows.

When I started staging after long time staging run page got opened and then I clicked on play.

It got run successfully for 25 minutes and later I am unable to see LISA GUI,it shown me a black screen.

Anyone please suggest/guide me to get success in this test activity.

• 2.  Re: Unable to stage/run the MQ test of 10K messages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 02:56 PM

What version of DEVTEST are you seeing this issue?  How much memory do you have on your machine?

Are you staging the  tests individually ? 

• 3.  Re: Unable to stage/run the MQ test of 10K messages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 09:07 PM

Also, do you see any exception in your DevTest logs for coordinator / simulator? Please let us know. 

Thanks,

Surya.

• 4.  Re: Unable to stage/run the MQ test of 10K messages

Posted Mar 07, 2017 08:31 AM

+1  sursu06 if you can, please provide the exception, it would be helpful.

Did I understand correctly that you are trying to open 10,000 files and each file is 249,000 bytes?  

Although it is unlikely that these files are all open at the same time, you would consume a total of 2.5 GB of RAM without any of the overhead associated with DevTest if the files were open.  

Does each file contain multiple messages or a single 249k message?

When you place the message on the queue, are you waiting for the response and performing validations or is this fire-and-forget?

What does your test case look like?  Can you attach or at least share a picture of the model you are executing?  Please remove any customer-specific information.

What technique are you using to load the file names?

Does your test need to execute sequentially (i.e., open file 1, send message(s), open file 2, send message(s), or can the test be executed in parallel?  If the messages can be executed in parallel, is it possible to externalize the input source filenames into a CVS file rather than read the names from the file system?

When you say 'LISA heap' which of the server components are you referring to?  (i.e., memory consumed by Workstation, Coordinator, or Simulator)

Do you specifically allocate memory to any of the servers via the VMOPTION directive (ex: -Xmx512m or -Xmx2048m)?